DVLA medical Blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance
Basically many people come on this forum hoping for a magical alixia to get passed the cdt! There isn’t one, look at advice I have given before. CDT has a half life of approximately 14 days. By your posts I would say you need min 5 to 6 weeks complete abstinence. (I’ve done the test 4 times now)

Everyone on this thread needs to take a step back and not draw conclusions about other people's drinking habits. I would not necessarily use the word 'alcoholic' towards someone else on this forum (who I have never met), but that's just me.

Most of us on here have experienced problems with our drinking that has lead to us losing our licences. Some of us have been binge drinkers, some of us have been problem drinkers and some of us have simply been heavy drinkers.

The word alcoholic is one open for debate, going back many decades to the origins of the AA fellowship or those in the medical profession. I am sure if you asked ten people to state the definition of a alcoholic, you would get ten different answers. I think we should leave it at that for now.

Going back to the purpose of the thread - the CDT is a strong arm system that has been used by the DVLA for a number of years. Since I joined this forum, three years ago, I have seen countless people come and go off this site who seem to want a quick fix solution to passing the CDT without addressing their drinking habits.

The ultimate solution is simply quitting the booze for for as long as possible. If you know you have a CDT in three months, stop drinking now. If you are currently banned from driving and are a HRO, stop drinking now until you know either way whether you will do a medical.

The whole purpose of the CDT to ensure those of us who have lost our driving licence have addressed the problem that cost us our licence in the first place. Those people who play chance with the CDT and are fortunate enough to get back on the road are usually the ones who don't address the problem and invariably get banned a second time.

CJ

Shes a alcoholic and she will be in the vicious circle of getting licence back and losing it for many years to come until she admits to herself there's a problem just hope its not to late for her alcohol is a killer, but there is light at the end of the tunnel its called AA zoom and you can go to meeting all over the world every hour of the day and meet great people from all walks of life

Everyone on this thread needs to take a step back and not draw conclusions about other people's drinking habits. I would not necessarily use the word 'alcoholic' towards someone else on this forum (who I have never met), but that's just me.

Most of us on here have experienced problems with our drinking that has lead to us losing our licences. Some of us have been binge drinkers, some of us have been problem drinkers and some of us have simply been heavy drinkers.

The word alcoholic is one open for debate, going back many decades to the origins of the AA fellowship or those in the medical profession. I am sure if you asked ten people to state the definition of a alcoholic, you would get ten different answers. I think we should leave it at that for now.

Going back to the purpose of the thread - the CDT is a strong arm system that has been used by the DVLA for a number of years. Since I joined this forum, three years ago, I have seen countless people come and go off this site who seem to want a quick fix solution to passing the CDT without addressing their drinking habits.

The ultimate solution is simply quitting the booze for for as long as possible. If you know you have a CDT in three months, stop drinking now. If you are currently banned from driving and are a HRO, stop drinking now until you know either way whether you will do a medical.

The whole purpose of the CDT to ensure those of us who have lost our driving licence have addressed the problem that cost us our licence in the first place. Those people who play chance with the CDT and are fortunate enough to get back on the road are usually the ones who don't address the problem and invariably get banned a second time.

CJ
Sorry CJ, but I disagree. She has admitted to drinking at least a bottle of wine per day, which is probably an underestimate. That is somewhere between 70-100 units of alcohol per week.

When it gets to that level, alcoholism is the only word to describe it.

It could be she has actually come on to the forum with a dual purpose, getting her license back and validation of her drinking style, I don;t know.

But I don't need to meet someone in the flesh to know that they are drinking alcoholically if this is what they are admitting to.

I somehow doubt we will hear from her again as the validation she is seeking was not forthcoming.

It's a real shame as we could have helped her immensely in dealing with her problem, but sh clearly hasn't yet reached her own personal; gutter.

Perhaps after she loses her licence again she may return.

I somehow doubt we will hear from her again as the validation she is seeking was not forthcoming.

It's a real shame as we could have helped her immensely in dealing with her problem, but sh clearly hasn't yet reached her own personal; gutter.

Yup right there, still amazed that people come to this forum just to see if there is a way to get round cdt. I’ve tried everything years ago… it’s simple, want to drive can’t drink at all for 5 weeks prior to test! Friend of mine quit booze two months prior to test however went on a bender three weeks before medical… failed miserably

She did seem genuine, in comparison to 12eason and a couple of other cranks we have had on this forum recently. Hopefully, things work out for her in her own way.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off