DVLA lost blood test & medical results

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pompeyboy

Hi
I'm writing on behalf ofy partner. She has been banned from driving, her ban should end on the 10th December. She's had her medical & phoned the DVLA for her results but has been told that they have no record of her results. Maybe lost?? If its delayed much longer she will lose her 10 years no claims. She's phoned DVLA umpteen times & has had no help or advice. Is there anything else she can do or can she contact some one who can help??
Many thanks

How long is it since she had her medical?
If it is more than 2 weeks and they have not received the blood sample result then they should be offering her another appointment.
First step should be to contact the doctor who did the medical and get confirmation that the sample was indeed sent off to the lab, and what date. Then present that to the DVLA medical team, say it is clearly lost and demand an urgent further appointment.
What is the timescale before her no claims is lost? The last for 2 years, when will that run out?

How long is it since she had her medical?
If it is more than 2 weeks and they have not received the blood sample result then they should be offering her another appointment.
First step should be to contact the doctor who did the medical and get confirmation that the sample was indeed sent off to the lab, and what date. Then present that to the DVLA medical team, say it is clearly lost and demand an urgent further appointment.
What is the timescale before her no claims is lost? The last for 2 years, when will that run out?

Price1367

Does this type of thing happen often?

I had my medical three weeks ago and not heard a dickie bird. I sent a SAR e-mail on Tuesday asking for the CDT results and the DVLA haven't yet responded.

Another forum member on here stated recently that they had to attend a second medical when their bloods were contaminated in storage.

CJ

CJ, This does not happen very often at all.
If you send a SAR to the DVLA then they have , I think, 40 days to reply. It would have been far quicker to just enquire what the result was as an ordinary question!

Price1367

Does this type of thing happen often?

I had my medical three weeks ago and not heard a dickie bird. I sent a SAR e-mail on Tuesday asking for the CDT results and the DVLA haven't yet responded.

Another forum member on here stated recently that they had to attend a second medical when their bloods were contaminated in storage.

CJ
Hi CJ,I just rang them this morning for an update they said they are go6to send an email,to who? to chase this up,as the blood results may be with them but have not been scanned onto the system!
The whole process seems antiquated as it should be a simple operation!

Hi CJ,I just rang them this morning for an update they said they are go6to send an email,to who? to chase this up,as the blood results may be with them but have not been scanned onto the system!
Sorry ..going to..typo error

Chrism

Which number have you contacted the DVLA on? The number ending in 3806 that you added to the other thread doesn't exist - it's invalid.

There is a number ending in 6806 on my letter I recieved from the DVLA a month ago. I've tried ringing this a few times and the line is permanently engaged!!!!

Theres not even a facility to wait in a queue!

CJ

Chrism

Which number have you contacted the DVLA on? The number ending in 3806 that you added to the other thread doesn't exist - it's invalid.

There is a number ending in 6806 on my letter I recieved from the DVLA a month ago. I've tried ringing this a few times and the line is permanently engaged!!!!

CJ

Attachments

• IMG_4793.JPG
    IMG_4793.JPG
    724.1 KB · Views: 19
Morning

After a 20 minute wait on the phone with the DVLA, I managed to get through to one of their staff.

The telephone number for the DVLA medical team is strange - I rung it several times and it rings off saying the line is busy, but then I've been able to get through on a standard automated telephone system. Just a bit odd.

I was told by the lady in Swansea that they have sent me a letter and my GP a letter on Tuesday (8th). However, I guessing it's caught up in the good old Royal Mail system which is not great this time of year.

I am assuming I've passed the HRO medical (I still don't know my score!) - I'm again presuming they wouldn't contact the GP otherwise. Isn't it just a straight fail if your CDT is above 1.7%?

Maybe good news then if they are writing to the GP.

CJ

Morning

After a 20 minute wait on the phone with the DVLA, I managed to get through to one of their staff.

The telephone number for the DVLA medical team is strange - I rung it several times and it rings off saying the line is busy, but then I've been able to get through on a standard automated telephone system. Just a bit odd.

I was told by the lady in Swansea that they have sent me a letter and my GP a letter on Tuesday (8th). However, I guessing it's caught up in the good old Royal Mail system which is not great this time of year.

I am assuming I've passed the HRO medical (I still don't know my score!) - I'm again presuming they wouldn't contact the GP otherwise. Isn't it just a straight fail if your CDT is above 1.7%?

Maybe good news then if they are writing to the GP.

CJ

what number did you call I’ve been trying to get through all morning!

TCB

The number I rung was the one ending in 6806. Its really strange - I rang it a few times and it makes an engaged sound and cuts out saying the line was busy.

I then redialed and tripped into an automated telephone service where I was kept waiting for 20 minutes before being put through to a female member of staff.

I believe the medical team are still working remotely, so the telephone system may be a little temperamental if it's linked up with a home based software system.

CJ

Chrism

CJ
0300 790 6806 mate,then ask for the medical department .try at 8am on the dot,or just before 7pm...good luck pal

0300 790 6806 mate,then ask for the medical department .try at 8am on the dot,or just before 7pm...good luck pal

I managed to speak to them earlier.

There is a letter in the post for me & another letter going to my GP. Because of the issue with the Royal Mail, I'm not likely to recieve it until next week.

I did not ask what the CDT score was but I'm assuming I have got a low % - why go to the trouble of contact my GP if I've failed it!!!!!

CJ

I managed to speak to them earlier.

There is a letter in the post for me & another letter going to my GP. Because of the issue with the Royal Mail, I'm not likely to recieve it until next week.

I did not ask what the CDT score was but I'm assuming I have got a low % - why go to the trouble of contact my GP if I've failed it!!!!!

CJ
I can only assume that they want to know any previous alcohol misuse or dependency issues, despite what you have declared, and once they have that information (be sure to chase your gp up) you will get the holy grail!

I can only assume that they want to know any previous alcohol misuse or dependency issues, despite what you have declared, and once they have that information (be sure to chase your gp up) you will get the holy grail!

Chrism

I was expecting the DVLA to do this anyway - I would have been surprised if they didn't contact the GP.

I've arranged a telephone appointment with my GP on Monday.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off