dvla letter to gp

Convicted Driver Insurance

pj456

ihad my medical 3 weeks ago just had a letter from dvla saying they have written to my gp for further info what exactly will they be looking for?

Your question is important to these forums. However an accurate reply can not be made with just the little info you have provided. Try spending a bit of time reading other similar threads. Or tell us much more about how you answered the questionnaire and what your drinking habits were in the month leading up to your medical.

didnt drrink much before medical dr said he thought i was a bit shakey but i do suffer with bad nerves told him that dont do drugs or anything

didnt drrink much before medical dr said he thought i was a bit shakey but i do suffer with bad nerves told him that dont do drugs or anything

To me it sounds like you have answered your own question.

If you want us to help any further, does your doctor know about your nerves? Are you on medication for it? Do you have any history of alcohol abuse on your files.

Your doctor will reply to a standard questionnaire that has been sent to him or her plus any other info dvla are interested in. My advice is go and see your doctor or your doctors secretary and find out what questions are being asked. This approach may well also encourage your doctor to reply quicker. Good luck.

Your question is important to these forums. However an accurate reply can not be made with just the little info you have provided. Try spending a bit of time reading other similar threads. Or tell us much more about how you answered the questionnaire and what your drinking habits were in the month leading up to your medical.

I have just been for my medical and confirmed it is now a CDT test. I had a liver function test at my doctors and my GGT was 35 and normal, but the CDT test has a shelf life 7/14 day and there is loads of conflicting information on the internet. I did not drink a drink for 2 wks before my test but was then told the kit had not arrived, I had a drink for a couple of days due to two funerals and detoxed for another week. I have spoken to my doctor at length and he confirmed there is nothing at all wrong with me and I am worried as it says that a womans reading can be different to men.... I like a drink but this medical and the worry has made me ill!! can anyone tell me what they are testing for ??

I have just been for my medical and confirmed it is now a CDT test. I had a liver function test at my doctors and my GGT was 35 and normal, but the CDT test has a shelf life 7/14 day and there is loads of conflicting information on the internet. I did not drink a drink for 2 wks before my test but was then told the kit had not arrived, I had a drink for a couple of days due to two funerals and detoxed for another week. I have spoken to my doctor at length and he confirmed there is nothing at all wrong with me and I am worried as it says that a womans reading can be different to men.... I like a drink but this medical and the worry has made me ill!! can anyone tell me what they are testing for ??

lucky13, i fully understand all the anxiety you are going through because I am going through the same and have done on lots of occasions regarding DVLA. Basically they are testing to see if you are alcohol dependant or you misuse alcohol and drink to oblivion most days of the week. If your GGT was 35 and you have not been drinking 2 bottles of wine a night or 3/4 of a bottle of vodka each day leading up to your medical then you will be fine. My GGT was 75 back in April and I was well pleased with that. It was 250 the April before and was still no concern with my GP.

Try not to worry too much and I bet your licence will turn up in the post in under 3 weeks. Please let us know if it does.

lucky13, i fully understand all the anxiety you are going through because I am going through the same and have done on lots of occasions regarding DVLA. Basically they are testing to see if you are alcohol dependant or you misuse alcohol and drink to oblivion most days of the week. If your GGT was 35 and you have not been drinking 2 bottles of wine a night or 3/4 of a bottle of vodka each day leading up to your medical then you will be fine. My GGT was 75 back in April and I was well pleased with that. It was 250 the April before and was still no concern with my GP.

Try not to worry too much and I bet your licence will turn up in the post in under 3 weeks. Please let us know if it does.

Hd the result my CDT was <0.5 fantastic result proves I'm not an alcoholic for that reading it means I'm tea total (which I'm not), still waiting for my License and they are taking forever to scan the medical onto the system!

I've paid my dues most painful mistake of my life ! I feel sorry for anyone going through this! Everyone needs to read up on CDT testing as it is NO LONGER a liver function test would hate for people not to get their license back as no one informs you of anything! Good Luck !

Hd the result my CDT was <0.5 fantastic result proves I'm not an alcoholic for that reading it means I'm tea total (which I'm not), still waiting for my License and they are taking forever to scan the medical onto the system!

I've paid my dues most painful mistake of my life ! I feel sorry for anyone going through this! Everyone needs to read up on CDT testing as it is NO LONGER a liver function test would hate for people not to get their license back as no one informs you of anything! Good Luck !

lucky13, I phoned the clowns again yesterday 20th August 13. My medical was on 5th August 13, they received the CDT test result on 7th August 13. Now yesterday the 20th August 13 they were still waiting for the DVLA Franchise doctor to send in the questionnaire.

So I phoned the franchise doctors surgery and was informed that the questionnaire was sent back to DVLA at the same time as the blood sample was sent to Kings lab in London. So basically the Post service from Bristol to Swansea via London and blood being analysed takes just 2 days. However a simple form being sent from Bristol to Swansea has not arrived 16 days later!!!!!! DVLA are a JOKE and an embarrassment to this entire country. Even if they came out with a feeble excuse "LIKE OUR SCANNER IS BROKE" again. One could understand. Nope the clowns are just puppets on a string, just like I have said in numerous posts. Even the managers are puppets and the government now have NO ONE left to pull the strings, so will sell the whole lot off soon. Just like Thatcher use to do.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off