DVLA HRO Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

seconder

Hi all,

Just to offer my experience with the DVLA after a two year ban for refusing to provide a specimen (pure ignorance). I didn't apply for my licence until a year after my ban ended as I didnt even have a car anyway. Sent off my D1 form and got a response within 5 days. Then got an appointment with their doctor for the 16th October. Went for the medical, paid £96 and answered the doctor's questions which included telling her I'd had a bottle of red wine 4 days prior to the medical. Had bloods taken. Called the surgery 2 days later and they confirmed they'd sent off my results to DVLA but they couldn't tell me what the blood results were as the data had been mysteriously wiped out. Called DVLA this morning 02/11/12 and they said I was cleared to drive and my licence had been posted out and would be with me within 2 weeks, and 10 minutes later the postie dropped it through the letter box. On the whole the experience with DVLA has been quite efficient bar the cost, but then it's entirely my fault I'm here to begin with. the whole process has taken 6.5 weeks, not bad for DVLA.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off