Dvla hro medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

gixxer1987

Can anyone shed some light on the blood test/questionaire. My ban was up 3rd november 22 and i had a medical done on the 15th november last month. I keep calling for progress and they say my gp hasnt sent paperwork in yet. So on the 22nd november i call surgery and the lady said bloods and paperwork were sent on the 15th the afternoon i had medical. She kindly sent a copy via email after our conversation also so dvla had that incase post was lost. My bloods were processed and are on system yet they keep telling me 10 working days. Im now a month over my ban after serving 40 months. Its a piss take and im fed up of the same bs story everytime i call dvla. Any ideas on how long as ive been off the road since 2019 and yes from fault of my own however ive served my timr and now i cant seem to get it back

Can anyone shed some light on the blood test/questionaire. My ban was up 3rd november 22 and i had a medical done on the 15th november last month. I keep calling for progress and they say my gp hasnt sent paperwork in yet. So on the 22nd november i call surgery and the lady said bloods and paperwork were sent on the 15th the afternoon i had medical. She kindly sent a copy via email after our conversation also so dvla had that incase post was lost. My bloods were processed and are on system yet they keep telling me 10 working days. Im now a month over my ban after serving 40 months. Its a piss take and im fed up of the same bs story everytime i call dvla. Any ideas on how long as ive been off the road since 2019 and yes from fault of my own however ive served my timr and now i cant seem to get it back

From reading your update - you make the comment 'my GP'. It seems to imply your own GP has been sent paperwork to complete and this is what is causing the delay.

CJ

From reading your update - you make the comment 'my GP'. It seems to imply your own GP has been sent paperwork to complete and this is what is causing the delay.

CJ
No i mean the gp practice surgery that the DVLA told me to use for the medical. And NO its not with them like i mentioned on the first post i made here. Obviously i paid a fee of £98.50 and travelled out of my county for the pleasure aswell as my nearest dvla approved medical centre was fully booked until new year. Ive chased this up with them and they say they sent it same day along with bloods.

No i mean the gp practice surgery that the DVLA told me to use for the medical. And NO its not with them like i mentioned on the first post i made here. Obviously i paid a fee of £98.50 and travelled out of my county for the pleasure aswell as my nearest dvla approved medical centre was fully booked until new year. Ive chased this up with them and they say they sent it same day along with bloods.

gixxer1987 - has your own GP not been contacted? Even when the HRO medical has been completed and passed, the DVLA will still seek to contact your regular GP.

CJ

Not as far as im aware no. They only tend to do that if youve had dependency with drink and seeked/reffered to AA classes or theres other concerns from your medical questionaire that they want to look into further i.e medication or history of dependancy.

Not as far as im aware no. They only tend to do that if youve had dependency with drink and seeked/reffered to AA classes or theres other concerns from your medical questionaire that they want to look into further i.e medication or history of dependancy.

They can still write to your GP anyway, even if you have said 'no' to everything about your medical history. Its very much a fishing exercise for the DVLA half the time.

CJ

Yeah maybe. Im fine with them contacting them anyhow either way. It would just be nice to get my licence back as i cant really get my head around the fact how long this shit process actually takes its a shambles. Reading other posts on here also looks like its been going on for a long time aswell way before the covid also which they like using as an excuse

Yeah maybe. Im fine with them contacting them anyhow either way. It would just be nice to get my licence back as i cant really get my head around the fact how long this shit process actually takes its a shambles. Reading other posts on here also looks like its been going on for a long time aswell way before the covid also which they like using as an excuse

My previous 12 month licence expired in January this year (2022). I posted my D1 renewal and my medical questionaire the previous October & November (2021) and I have since been driving under Section 88. No news yet about my next DVLA medical - the last I heard was that they were awaiting my GP to reply. Like you said - this whole process is a prolonged farce for the likes of us who just want to move on with our lives.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off