DVLA HRO Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Matt221

Hi,

I've just finished a 17 month ban for failing to provide a specimen of blood. I re-applied for my license on the 5th November and yesterday received a letter with the doctors address that i need to book a visit. In the letter it's says i will need to give a blood test to check my cdt levels which is fine because i hardly ever drink but does anyone know if i'll have to give a urine sample too?

Hi Matt usually on your first DVLA medical they are pretty straight forward and will keep to just testing for alcohol intake, however a urine test is usually testing for drugs and at your medical you will be asked to fill out a medical questionarre which will include questions about drugs,if there's nothing documented with your gp then I would advise to keep quiet if you are having the odd recreational smoke here and there, however if you tick yes then this will red flag you for further investigations and possibly a further urine test....if your in any doubt it's best to abstain from all for a while therefore you'll have peace of mind....

No, normally the test includes filling out a medical questionnaire, physical examination, blood pressure and blood sample for CDT test. Doesn't need a urine.

Thanks for your replies, i do like to have a smoke in the evenings after work. I haven't had any now since the 2nd November in preparation for the medical but when i received the letter there was no mention of having a urine test only blood. I still won't be touching any until this is finally over but was hesitant to book the medical in case they surprise me with a urine test. So i've now called their doctors this morning and was told they will contact me with available time slots. They haven't called me back yet so hopefully they do soon. Also i have nothing documented with my gp i haven't even been to the doctors since i was a child, i'm now 37 years old.

Just received a call from the doctors, my medical is on 14th December so any cannabis in my system will be gone by then anyway. What is the timescale for getting my license back after having the medical?

cannabis stays in your system for 3 months mate,and for how long you get your licence back is alottery the way dvla do things

cannabis stays in your system for 3 months mate,and for how long you get your licence back is alottery the way dvla do things
Yes i've researched how long cannabis can be detected. For some people it can be detected up to 90 days but that's pretty extreme and rare. If you have a lot of fat on you then yes maybe as that is where it's stored. I'm slim there isn't much fat on me. I even brought some home drug tests and after 19 days i'm just starting to see a very very faint line and starting to pass them. So i guess it depends on your metabolism, for some people it can take longer. Depend on different factors.

Yes i've researched how long cannabis can be detected. For some people it can be detected up to 90 days but that's pretty extreme and rare. If you have a lot of fat on you then yes maybe as that is where it's stored. I'm slim there isn't much fat on me. I even brought some home drug tests and after 19 days i'm just starting to see a very very faint line and starting to pass them. So i guess it depends on your metabolism, for some people it can take longer. Depend on different factors.
I forgot to mention i'm talking about detecting cannabis in urine. If it was a hair test then yeah it can be detected up to 90 days.

urine the first place mate, don't matter about your size , my work drug tested me after 21 days it had lowered . 56 days lowered again 70 days clear so If hair or urine you still got it in your system.and as far as home drug test goes i wouldnt bother

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off