DVLA have released guidance for Covid-19 applications!

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi mate, what DVLA say and what they actually do are set to be seen, DVLA are historically renowned for ( I would say lying) but for arguments sake let's say they get it wrong time and time again (just as they did with me) if they have told you no medical is required then that's great news for you and for others and hopefully in the coming days your licence will be issued and I will stand corrected ,however every drug driver that's gone through this forum (and there hasn't been many)`has been required to attend a medical where they have been asked to provide a urine sample for analysis, I truly hope for your sake and for others who are following you are right `and this will give us hope for the future, do keep` us updated neebob.......you might find it harder to have your Hackney carriage licence replaced tho.....
We'll I'd like to give DVLA a uri ne sample a nd launch it ftom a great hight. Maybe the on those, Carrot cruchin neep souking, non comital choice always ? bet there all singing Welsh choir songs SOB

Hello honest man where did you obtain this information from,I have phoned the dvla 4 times after reading this,and on each call I have been informed I won't be required to do any medical,my application is just a renewal.
Hi mate, what DVLA say and what they actually do are set to be seen, DVLA are historically renowned for ( I would say lying) but for arguments sake let's say they get it wrong time and time again (just as they did with me) if they have told you no medical is required then that's great news for you and for others and hopefully in the coming days your licence will be issued and I will stand corrected ,however every drug driver that's gone through this forum (and there hasn't been many)`has been required to attend a medical where they have been asked to provide a urine sample for analysis, I truly hope for your sake and for others who are following you are right `and this will give us hope for the future, do keep` us updated neebob.......you might find it harder to have your Hackney carriage licence replaced tho.....
yes of course I will keep you updated,no doubt I will be dragged in front of the licensing committee when I reapply for my taxi badge.

Yes of course I will keep you posted,I only sent my application of today.no doubt I will be dragged in from of the licensing committee when I apply for my badge again.

Honest man is right, based on what we have seen on here, medicals are the norm up till now.
I didn’t get to see drug drivers on courses because there is no similar course for them as yet.
The chart below shows that for drug misuse (which all illegal drug convictions are counted as, say that “relicensing may require an independent medical assessment and urine screen arranged by the DVLA“. (Note that in the copy and paste, the top bits got moved to the left.... so car and motorcycle vehicle guidelines are the middle column, and bus and lorry drivers guidelines relate to the right hand column.

Group 1
Car and motorcycle
Group 2
Bus and lorry
Drug group

■ cannabis
■ amphetamines (but see methamphetamine drug group below)
■ ‘ecstasy’ (MDMA)
■ ketamine
■ other psychoactive substances, including LSD and hallucinogens
✘- Must not drive and must notify the DVLA with persistent misuse or dependence.

Medical enquiry confirming the problem will result in licence being refused or revoked:

■ for a minimum of 6 months, which must be free of misuse or dependence.

Relicensing may require an independent medical assessment and urine screen arranged by the DVLA.
✘- Must not drive and must notify the DVLA with persistent misuse or dependence.

Medical enquiry confirming the problem will result in licence being refused or revoked:

■ for a minimum of 1 year, which must be free of misuse or dependence.

Relicensing will usually require an independent medical assessment and urine screen arranged by the DVLA.
Hi pricey,it makes sense for drug and drink drivers to have medical s and if it's been the norm until now am wondering why there not requiring me to have one,and I've been told this four times,best not look a gift horse in the mouth ay

Hi pricey,it makes sense for drug and drink drivers to have medical s and if it's been the norm until now am wondering why there not requiring me to have one,and I've been told this four times,best not look a gift horse in the mouth ay

Hi neebob

Definitely dont look a gift horse in the mouth. I think the dvla must be issuing some licenses without a medical being done, when in normal circumstances they would insist on it. Just to clear the inevitable backlog I guess. I was renewing my temporary license and received a letter saying that the next step was a medical. 10 days later my new temporary license arrived in the post, and 5 days after that a letter saying they had concluded their enquiries.
Mind you, it’s been said on here many times how incompetent the dvla can be, so this may just be another balls up and nothing to do with the backlog, but I intend to believe they are bypassing some ‘routine’ medicals

Hi neebob, can I ask a question then you seem very worried ``or concerned about the medical is it because you are frequently using and find it hard to give up, if so this is what the DVLA medical is designed for or correct me if I'm wrong.....? if you are looking at a medical then you need to be 3 months clear of any drug in your system...even drink drivers it acts as a deterrent to those who can't give up the booze....

Hi neebob, can I ask a question then you seem very worried ``or concerned about the medical is it because you are frequently using and find it hard to give up, if so this is what the DVLA medical is designed for or correct me if I'm wrong.....? if you are looking at a medical then you need to be 3 months clear of any drug in your system...even drink drivers it acts as a deterrent to those who can't give up the booze....
Hi honest man the only thing was worried about is having to wait forever for a medical as many on here are enduring due to covid.NOTHING ELSE.so my next question is to the dvla is does a dg10 carry a automatic medical or have they just wavered mine to clear the backlog,or they have told me I dont need a medical to catch me out.

Dot keep pestering them or they might change their mind. You have been told several times by DVLA that you don’t have to have one, why risk getting a ‘jobsworth’ next time who marks your file for a medical...!! Leave well alone!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off