DVLA Doctor/GP Alternative

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi there I finally received my letter from the dvla dated November 21st 2011 on 4th January 2022.

Question, I tried booking with the doctors they have "nominated" but they are not doing DVLA Medicals.
Another GP which is actually closer to me than what they told me in the letter is still doing the Medicals.
Can I just go there and tell the DVLA or do I have to phone/write to them first.

I'm pretty annoyed since it gives me only just under 6 weeks to sort according to the time limit of 12 weeks. Bare in mind there's delays and contacting them via phone is impossible!

Many thanks
Mike

No you can't just go there. You need to speak to DVLA and ask them to change the Dr. If you tell them the one you have found is doing them, they may accept this but they have to send the forms through first.

Hi there I finally received my letter from the dvla dated November 21st 2011 on 4th January 2022.

Question, I tried booking with the doctors they have "nominated" but they are not doing DVLA Medicals.
Another GP which is actually closer to me than what they told me in the letter is still doing the Medicals.
Can I just go there and tell the DVLA or do I have to phone/write to them first.

I'm pretty annoyed since it gives me only just under 6 weeks to sort according to the time limit of 12 weeks. Bare in mind there's delays and contacting them via phone is impossible!

Many thanks
Mike
The same thing happened to me, I received my letter on the 26th January that was dated 21st November.

I got my license back in April 2021 but only a 12 month one was issued so need another medical.

What happens when that license expires and DVLA are still processing my application and looking into my medical history, would I still be able to drive on a section 88 or would I have to stop driving till I get my decision ?

The same thing happened to me, I received my letter on the 26th January that was dated 21st November.

I got my license back in April 2021 but only a 12 month one was issued so need another medical.

What happens when that license expires and DVLA are still processing my application and looking into my medical history, would I still be able to drive on a section 88 or would I have to stop driving till I get my decision ?
I managed to get an appointment with the doctor surgery they nominated in the end. February 9th, literally 3 days before the cut off but the doctor said they'd email dvla to confirm so they don't invalidate the timescale.

What did your blood test come back with? Results wise was it close to the limit or clear?
Hope I don't get a 12 month one, too much messing around, although hopefully covid won't be as bad by then and more upto date with paperwork.

Couldn't answer whether you're still allowed to drive, I would think it would be OK because it's not a ban just an expiration of licence. I could be very wrong though.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off