Dvla did ot receive my pass cert 15yrs ago!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Gwalder

Please please some one help... i passed my test 15 yrs ago.. i k ow for sure i sent my certificate off. But after many years of not driving, some was a ban this ended 5 yrs ago, i decided to re apply, i passed the medical and blood tests and today received a provisional license through the post... i called the dvla and they said they said that theu had not received my pass certificate all them years ago... i know i sent it.. where do i stand? As re taking my test is not on my to do list as i am waiting to accept a job offer that involves driving... this has really set me back and the dvla lady wasnt too helpful.. please if any one has any advice or helpful information i would much appreciate it.

This is an unfortunate situation where you are completely at the mercy of the DVLA records. In the absence of any evidence to contradict what you are being told, you may have to retake your test. I would, however, if you are certain of the sequence of events and believe the DVLA to be at fault, escalate matters by way of a formal complaint to allow a prompt internal investigation to be carried out. There are additional steps that can be taken after that but an internal complaints process will have to be complied with initially.

This is an unfortunate situation where you are completely at the mercy of the DVLA records. In the absence of any evidence to contradict what you are being told, you may have to retake your test. I would, however, if you are certain of the sequence of events and believe the DVLA to be at fault, escalate matters by way of a formal complaint to allow a prompt internal investigation to be carried out. There are additional steps that can be taken after that but an internal complaints process will have to be complied with initially.
Hey ! Thank you for the reply, i would like to kno how i go about making the formal complaint... i have put together a letter explaing things and am.in the process of trying to get another copy of my pass cert sent, hoping they will recognose i have passed and send the full license, as i am 100 percent sure i sent them the certificate.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off