DVLA decision

Convicted Driver Insurance
If you’re running out of time on section 88 you can’t drive I believe but better mention it to them when you
Let us know please about the outcome of it if you manage to talk to them 🤞🤞
Will do I’ve rang a few times about the section 88 wasn’t to sure which form it was to resend asked on here but didn’t hear back in time so rang them and was told as long as the D1 is scanned onto the system then at that point I can continue on the 88 til the outcome of the medical enquiries ( or assuming another D1 needs be be sent next before this 88 extension runs out going on dvla speed atm )

Will do I’ve rang a few times about the section 88 wasn’t to sure which form it was to resend asked on here but didn’t hear back in time so rang them and was told as long as the D1 is scanned onto the system then at that point I can continue on the 88 til the outcome of the medical enquiries ( or assuming another D1 needs be be sent next before this 88 extension runs out going on dvla speed atm )
Great!! At least you can drive as long as your case is in progress!! Which could be for months and months….

True but with what eles I’m reading apparently even when I pass that cus ( unless there’s actually something wrong with me I didn’t know about) as I know it wouldn’t be alcohol consumption that’s basically zero now had 1 x2units on a holiday beginning of 22 and half a wkd in dec 22 both times I knew the car would be off the road for 3 days parked up ( I don’t think the doctor put a date of my last drink at the last medical I’m sure he put very rarely drinks ie on holiday 2 units )

The the fact I was ill in the past 2016 seams to be enough the revoke in current climate , it’s not my job in my case that’s effected it’s my special needs children I can travel on public transport if I needed to my youngest cannot and her school is 14 miles away and so is her special needs group
jesus buddy, that is indeed harsh. this forum just highlights what a terrible disservice the dvla are doing,it is nothing short of scandalous what they are doing, messing with people's lives, the only way you can fight fairly is if you have a ton of money (celebs getting off on technicalities and so forth, charity work impeded blah blah) commoners are left to rot in hell

jesus buddy, that is indeed harsh. this forum just highlights what a terrible disservice the dvla are doing,it is nothing short of scandalous what they are doing, messing with people's lives, the only way you can fight fairly is if you have a ton of money (celebs getting off on technicalities and so forth, charity work impeded blah blah) commoners are left to rot in hell
Very sad and disappointing but I think it’s true 😭😭

I know I been ring them asking if my paperwork has arrived as of Friday it still wasn’t there but then the woman said even when it comes you carnt just ring up and ask for an appointment it doesn’t work like that here then when on about a waiting list nhs patients and then when I said it be done in the 12 week the dvla requires it in she said probably not
You just need to make sure it's booked by the 12th week, not the actual appointment

When I got my letter, I called them they gave me a date for 12 weeks away. I called the dvla got another doctors details, called them they couldn't offer me one for 8 weeks, so I called the dvla again and got another docs number..they managed to fit me in within 6 weeks.

Just keep hounding the dvla..politely.

You just need to make sure it's booked by the 12th week, not the actual appointment

When I got my letter, I called them they gave me a date for 12 weeks away. I called the dvla got another doctors details, called them they couldn't offer me one for 8 weeks, so I called the dvla again and got another docs number..they managed to fit me in within 6 weeks.

Just keep hounding the dvla..politely.
Thanks will do, ringing them this week so will do this to on same call

I’ll give you an update if my situation.
In Nov 2020 a random doctor from my surgery filled in the medical questionnaire completely wrong fly, saying not only did I have a history of dependence but was still dependent!
This was during the pandemic and it took a full year of both the random doctor and my actual doctor explaining I full that it was only ever misuse, not dependence. Dependence is an official diagnosis, not an opinion.
Finally, in Dec 21, after two blood test a year apart indicating ( but not proving🙄) abstinence, I was granted a medical review license.
In Oct 22 I reapplied, and as the date the license ran out loomed, I contacted the DVLA to see if I could drive during the application process.
Yes, under Section 88 I was told.
I confirmed my status was misuse not dependence with the operative in Swansea.
I received a medical questionnaire, and filled it in in good faith, and truthfully.
Two pints of beer at the weekend .

Three weeks letter I received the same letter I’d received in Nov 20 following the original, botched random doctor’s questionnaire, a stock letter.
I am a delivery driver!
I was instantly dismissed and unemployed/able!
I called and was told that this seemed wrong, but the help desk was closed, he’d get back to me in the morning.
He called back and said, sorry, they have fresh evidence that I have a history of alcohol dependence and must abstain from alcohol for a year etc.

I lodged a DVLA complaint via their website, and called on legal advice.

Three weeks later, I received a fresh letter confirming that I had applied for a license and that I must take a medical within 12 weeks and that I can drive under section 88 as long as I meet the criteria.

So

They got me sacked with the first letter
Second letter they’re saying , basically, you’ve got three months to dry out and you can have your license back!!!

No apology for getting me sacked of course,or getting it all wrong , ignoring the numerous letters from my doctors that I’m not nor never have been dependent, it was like the period between the original foul-up from Dr Random and the fixing of it had been ignored/lost!

Scandalous

Now waiting to take medical but can drive in the interim.

They STILL want to talk to my doctor about my “ ability to be in control of a vehicle at all times” and part of my medical will be a questionnaire regarding my alcohol intake.

It IS two pints of beer down the rugby club of a Saturday afternoon!

Do I tell them?
Or do I lie and say nothing, ever?

It seems we’re set up to fail and they’re faceless and utterly unaccountable, and act with flagrant and casual impunity.

What’s the point of giving me twelve weeks to dry out??

I’ll give you an update if my situation.
In Nov 2020 a random doctor from my surgery filled in the medical questionnaire completely wrong fly, saying not only did I have a history of dependence but was still dependent!
This was during the pandemic and it took a full year of both the random doctor and my actual doctor explaining I full that it was only ever misuse, not dependence. Dependence is an official diagnosis, not an opinion.
Finally, in Dec 21, after two blood test a year apart indicating ( but not proving🙄) abstinence, I was granted a medical review license.
In Oct 22 I reapplied, and as the date the license ran out loomed, I contacted the DVLA to see if I could drive during the application process.
Yes, under Section 88 I was told.
I confirmed my status was misuse not dependence with the operative in Swansea.
I received a medical questionnaire, and filled it in in good faith, and truthfully.
Two pints of beer at the weekend .

Three weeks letter I received the same letter I’d received in Nov 20 following the original, botched random doctor’s questionnaire, a stock letter.
I am a delivery driver!
I was instantly dismissed and unemployed/able!
I called and was told that this seemed wrong, but the help desk was closed, he’d get back to me in the morning.
He called back and said, sorry, they have fresh evidence that I have a history of alcohol dependence and must abstain from alcohol for a year etc.

I lodged a DVLA complaint via their website, and called on legal advice.

Three weeks later, I received a fresh letter confirming that I had applied for a license and that I must take a medical within 12 weeks and that I can drive under section 88 as long as I meet the criteria.

So

They got me sacked with the first letter
Second letter they’re saying , basically, you’ve got three months to dry out and you can have your license back!!!

No apology for getting me sacked of course,or getting it all wrong , ignoring the numerous letters from my doctors that I’m not nor never have been dependent, it was like the period between the original foul-up from Dr Random and the fixing of it had been ignored/lost!

Scandalous

Now waiting to take medical but can drive in the interim.

They STILL want to talk to my doctor about my “ ability to be in control of a vehicle at all times” and part of my medical will be a questionnaire regarding my alcohol intake.

It IS two pints of beer down the rugby club of a Saturday afternoon!

Do I tell them?
Or do I lie and say nothing, ever?

It seems we’re set up to fail and they’re faceless and utterly unaccountable, and act with flagrant and casual impunity.

What’s the point of giving me twelve weeks to dry out??
Shocking treatment matty at least you got the ability to drive again sorry to hear about the job loss.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off