DVLA decision

Convicted Driver Insurance

matty1968

in Oct 20 i re applied for my license,took the medical,and the DVLA sent questionnaire to my doctor. a random doctor wrongly said i have a history of dependence, and as it was lockdown, it took a year foe the dvla to accept i don;t have a history of dependence, just misuse,vastly different as we all know. a year later i took another medical,my CDT was 1.6% and in dec 21 i was granted a year's license. i re applied in october 22.i received a medical questionnaire asking the normal questions. i answered truthfully, i drink a couple of pints at the weekend and that's it. as i only have misuse as a history, and i had already demonstrated a year's abstinence, i expected to be asked to go for another medical, no problem. instead, i received the exact same letter as from when the original foul up by my surgery occurred, ie, during our medical investigations, information tells us you have a history of dependence, and you must not drive,and demonstrate abstinence for a year. something i have already done, without having to. i have spoken with my actual doctor who had put the situation right finally, who says he has had no contact with the dvla regarding this. i am a delivery driver and they have at a stroke made me unemployed/unemployable. i have no history of dependence and the operative i spoke with agreed. but the decision remains.
i have asked for the information they have to be sent to me but of course the dvla say it will take a month to issue the information. so. they gave me a license for one year, i got my life back on track, now they have ripped everything off me again. no income. can't pay mortgage. let alone gas and electric meters. they have effectively ruined my life. does anyone here know what i can do about this? every hour of every day is work missed . and an hour closer to repossession of my house. DESPERATE

in Oct 20 i re applied for my license,took the medical,and the DVLA sent questionnaire to my doctor. a random doctor wrongly said i have a history of dependence, and as it was lockdown, it took a year foe the dvla to accept i don;t have a history of dependence, just misuse,vastly different as we all know. a year later i took another medical,my CDT was 1.6% and in dec 21 i was granted a year's license. i re applied in october 22.i received a medical questionnaire asking the normal questions. i answered truthfully, i drink a couple of pints at the weekend and that's it. as i only have misuse as a history, and i had already demonstrated a year's abstinence, i expected to be asked to go for another medical, no problem. instead, i received the exact same letter as from when the original foul up by my surgery occurred, ie, during our medical investigations, information tells us you have a history of dependence, and you must not drive,and demonstrate abstinence for a year. something i have already done, without having to. i have spoken with my actual doctor who had put the situation right finally, who says he has had no contact with the dvla regarding this. i am a delivery driver and they have at a stroke made me unemployed/unemployable. i have no history of dependence and the operative i spoke with agreed. but the decision remains.
i have asked for the information they have to be sent to me but of course the dvla say it will take a month to issue the information. so. they gave me a license for one year, i got my life back on track, now they have ripped everything off me again. no income. can't pay mortgage. let alone gas and electric meters. they have effectively ruined my life. does anyone here know what i can do about this? every hour of every day is work missed . and an hour closer to repossession of my house. DESPERATE
I am in exactly the same boat the DVLA have moved the goal posts recently and are taking a very firm approach . Been a few posts on here recently anyone admitting to alcohol intake that have been classed as hro ,misuse or dependant in the past is being asked to abstain for another 6 months or twelve months I feel for you buddy. Never admit to having a drink is the only answer or a can of worms opens again.

Hi once DVlA class you as dependent (on paper ) you can NEVER use alcohol again, regardless weather you’ve been classed as misuse, any admission to alcohol will result in revocations and the 1 year sobriety will start again ….

I am in exactly the same boat the DVLA have moved the goal posts recently and are taking a very firm approach . Been a few posts on here recently anyone admitting to alcohol intake that have been classed as hro ,misuse or dependant in the past is being asked to abstain for another 6 months or twelve months I feel for you buddy. Never admit to having a drink is the only answer or a can of worms opens again.
Without telling anyone?
I think it’s illegal
It still says on the letter that misuse means demonstrating controlled intake for. six months, I demonstrated abstinence for a year and they granted me a license. I then admitted to two pints of beer a week, which is co trolled I take, they didn’t ask for a medical, they sinply snatched my license away.
I’m now out of work and soon to be out of a home
Hi once DVlA class you as dependent (on paper ) you can NEVER use alcohol again, regardless weather you’ve been classed as misuse, any admission to alcohol will result in revocations and the 1 year sobriety will start again ….
even if the doctor who filled in the questionnaire then admits they were wrong and it is prove ? Are you telling me that a mistake by a doctor will ruin your life forever?? I’m not having it

Without telling anyone?
I think it’s illegal
It still says on the letter that misuse means demonstrating controlled intake for. six months, I demonstrated abstinence for a year and they granted me a license. I then admitted to two pints of beer a week, which is co trolled I take, they didn’t ask for a medical, they sinply snatched my license away.
I’m now out of work and soon to be out of a home

even if the doctor who filled in the questionnaire then admits they were wrong and it is prove ? Are you telling me that a mistake by a doctor will ruin your life forever?? I’m not having it
I feel your pain!!! It’s sounds an absolute nonsense!!!!!!! But definitely would recommend you to get an appointment with your GP and get her/him on your side as GPs are playing a massive role in this cat and mouse chasing!! And definitely don’t give up hope and fight if you believe that you are right!!! Best of luck and please let us know how things are going please!🤞🤞🤞

I feel your pain!!! It’s sounds an absolute nonsense!!!!!!! But definitely would recommend you to get an appointment with your GP and get her/him on your side as GPs are playing a massive role in this cat and mouse chasing!! And definitely don’t give up hope and fight if you believe that you are right!!! Best of luck and please let us know how things are going please!🤞🤞🤞
the whole situation has been caused inthefirst instance by a duty doctor filling in my questionnaire WRONGLY!!!!!! it took a year over lockdown for them to correct my status to misuse not dependence, now dvla still insist i have a history of dependence. it is criminal , unjust, and about to put me on the streets as i am a driver by trade.

the whole situation has been caused inthefirst instance by a duty doctor filling in my questionnaire WRONGLY!!!!!! it took a year over lockdown for them to correct my status to misuse not dependence, now dvla still insist i have a history of dependence. it is criminal , unjust, and about to put me on the streets as i am a driver by trade.
I know! I do believe that unfortunately we are all just a number not a human being and obviously if you are ticking the wrong box then you are a criminal in the eyes! Not an individual with different circumstances???!!! I think someone else has recommended that you could try to write an email to the head of medical department addressing your situation to Tim Burton(I’m just waiting for DVLA to reply back to me after my GP has written to them and depending on the outcome that will be my next step to do myself)! I know it’s all taking so much time and it’s a waiting game but do everything you can to make sure you are in this situation out of your fault and your classification is done by mistake! There must be a way that they will see that there was a mistake??!!

I know! I do believe that unfortunately we are all just a number not a human being and obviously if you are ticking the wrong box then you are a criminal in the eyes! Not an individual with different circumstances???!!! I think someone else has recommended that you could try to write an email to the head of medical department addressing your situation to Tim Burton(I’m just waiting for DVLA to reply back to me after my GP has written to them and depending on the outcome that will be my next step to do myself)! I know it’s all taking so much time and it’s a waiting game but do everything you can to make sure you are in this situation out of your fault and your classification is done by mistake! There must be a way that they will see that there was a mistake??!!
they gave me my license for a year , i got my life back on track, now, with just a questionnaire i filled in they've taken it back again, so everything i have worked for all year has vanished in a heartbeat...this is how suicides occur

they gave me my license for a year , i got my life back on track, now, with just a questionnaire i filled in they've taken it back again, so everything i have worked for all year has vanished in a heartbeat...this is how suicides occur
I’ve been driving the last 5 years (have a look at my thread as it’s long to write it down again please) and my driving licence has been revoked just before Christmas! I did too turn my life around for the better, no drinking problems whatsoever and I’m now out of my driving license myself and there is no one I can turn to but as I said I’m still fighting as nobody who I tell my “story” for believe it actually happened and I’m still struggling on daily basis!! Keep calling them and make sure you do your research!!!

I’ve been driving the last 5 years (have a look at my thread as it’s long to write it down again please) and my driving licence has been revoked just before Christmas! I did too turn my life around for the better, no drinking problems whatsoever and I’m now out of my driving license myself and there is no one I can turn to but as I said I’m still fighting as nobody who I tell my “story” for believe it actually happened and I’m still struggling on daily basis!! Keep calling them and make sure you do your research!!!
they honestly play with people's lives like we're pawns on a chess board, completely expendable. the dvla are without doubt the most incompetent vicious faceless government body in history

they honestly play with people's lives like we're pawns on a chess board, completely expendable. the dvla are without doubt the most incompetent vicious faceless government body in history
Well said!! 100% agreed!! KEEP FIGHTING!!!

Honestly reading all this I’m expecting there going to revoke mine , did a medical in dec but they didn’t want bloods now being sent to another full medical with bloods but that gp won’t book an appointment cus the nhs patients come 1st apparently we go on a waiting list and apparently they carnt guarantee it be done it 12 weeks dvla want cus there’s s long list and I’m at the bottom of it !

at least you've been given the chance by taking a blood test. i filled in a questionnaire, and on the strength of that, i'm now banned

at least you've been given the chance by taking a blood test. i filled in a questionnaire, and on the strength of that, i'm now banned
True but with what eles I’m reading apparently even when I pass that cus ( unless there’s actually something wrong with me I didn’t know about) as I know it wouldn’t be alcohol consumption that’s basically zero now had 1 x2units on a holiday beginning of 22 and half a wkd in dec 22 both times I knew the car would be off the road for 3 days parked up ( I don’t think the doctor put a date of my last drink at the last medical I’m sure he put very rarely drinks ie on holiday 2 units )

The the fact I was ill in the past 2016 seams to be enough the revoke in current climate , it’s not my job in my case that’s effected it’s my special needs children I can travel on public transport if I needed to my youngest cannot and her school is 14 miles away and so is her special needs group

Honestly reading all this I’m expecting there going to revoke mine , did a medical in dec but they didn’t want bloods now being sent to another full medical with bloods but that gp won’t book an appointment cus the nhs patients come 1st apparently we go on a waiting list and apparently they carnt guarantee it be done it 12 weeks dvla want cus there’s s long list and I’m at the bottom of it !
But you need to book an appointment with DVLA preferred doctor not with your Gp(that how it was recent years) if they asked a CDT test?

But you need to book an appointment with DVLA preferred doctor not with your Gp(that how it was recent years) if they asked a CDT test?
I know I been ring them asking if my paperwork has arrived as of Friday it still wasn’t there but then the woman said even when it comes you carnt just ring up and ask for an appointment it doesn’t work like that here then when on about a waiting list nhs patients and then when I said it be done in the 12 week the dvla requires it in she said probably not

I know I been ring them asking if my paperwork has arrived as of Friday it still wasn’t there but then the woman said even when it comes you carnt just ring up and ask for an appointment it doesn’t work like that here then when on about a waiting list nhs patients and then when I said it be done in the 12 week the dvla requires it in she said probably not
If you can’t book it in the 12 weeks because they can’t offer you an appointment then it’s completely out of your fault!!!?? Isn’t it?? Did you call DVLA to telling them about this?

If you can’t book it in the 12 weeks because they can’t offer you an appointment then it’s completely out of your fault!!!?? Isn’t it?? Did you call DVLA to telling them about this?
I’m ringing them this week because I need to know if my D1 has arrived so I can carry on using the section 88 it’s about to run out , I’m going to ask about this while I’m on because from what I understand it has to be done in the 12 weeks hasn’t it or they revoke anyway

I’m ringing them this week because I need to know if my D1 has arrived so I can carry on using the section 88 it’s about to run out , I’m going to ask about this while I’m on because from what I understand it has to be done in the 12 weeks hasn’t it or they revoke anyway
If you’re running out of time on section 88 you can’t drive I believe but better mention it to them when you call DVLA?

Let us know please about the outcome of it if you manage to talk to them 🤞🤞

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off