DVLA Cannot get hold of them !!!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Hazzer0311

Hi all, I've been trying for months now to get hold of the DVLA, I've tried morning, midday and early evening and to no avail. I'm in a position where I cannot do anything more about the refused license letter I had from them back in November 2020. My doctors keep turning me away from them until I have spoken with the DVLA for guidance on how to prove my 1 years abstinence, which I'm assuming starts from the date you receive your letter of refusal ? If the doctors are not able to help here then I have no idea where to turn to next. Months of trying to get through to the DVLA is really not good enough now.

Hi all, I've been trying for months now to get hold of the DVLA, I've tried morning, midday and early evening and to no avail. I'm in a position where I cannot do anything more about the refused license letter I had from them back in November 2020. My doctors keep turning me away from them until I have spoken with the DVLA for guidance on how to prove my 1 years abstinence, which I'm assuming starts from the date you receive your letter of refusal ? If the doctors are not able to help here then I have no idea where to turn to next. Months of trying to get through to the DVLA is really not good enough now.

That would be a fruitless endeavour, the DVLA will not tell anyone how to prove one years abstinence. They just tell you that you need to be one year abstinent with evidence. They will not elaborate any further than that, it’s been discussed a lot on this forum.

The evidence that they do accept and have accepted off everyone on this forum who have presented it: your GP’s backing on a date of last alcoholic drink consumed with around 3 LFT’a across the 12 month period returning results within the normal parameters. The DVLA will not confirm this on the phone nor on a letter, if your GP will not help without a black and white answer from the DVLA then it’s time to change surgeries as the DVLA do not accept private tests.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off