Dvla blood test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Barryboy

Hi I have a medical on 14th June, and was wondering if a keto diet would affect my cdt on the blood test.

Hopefully, was thinking because I’m only talking in 20 carbs a day and the test is carbohydrate deficiency it may affect the test

Hi guys I am getting my license back until 2024 I ticked no to everything on the questionnaire apart fo I admitted having a beer with a meal 2 weeks prior to to th blood test, so thanks for the advice guys, very much appreciated 👍

Hi guys I am getting my license back until 2024 I ticked no to everything on the questionnaire apart fo I admitted having a beer with a meal 2 weeks prior to to th blood test, so thanks for the advice guys, very much appreciated 👍
Hey bud, nice one! am i right in thinking you got your medical on the 14th? and today is the 20th so that's a 6 day turnaround...That's pretty good going. I am getting medical this Saturday and my ban is up on 18th of July, hope i am in the same boat 🤞

Hey bud, nice one! am i right in thinking you got your medical on the 14th? and today is the 20th so that's a 6 day turnaround...That's pretty good going. I am getting medical this Saturday and my ban is up on 18th of July, hope i am in the same boat 🤞
Honestly the doctor was quite at first until I got him into conversation just dress smart and break the silence if there not saying much, I ended up having a laugh with him an he showed me that he ticked the no need for further enquiries box , best of luck to you buddy .

Bit of advice mate, delete the attachment...... Your full name, date of birth, address and driving licence number leaves you open for manipulation!

Honestly the doctor was quite at first until I got him into conversation just dress smart and break the silence if there not saying much, I ended up having a laugh with him an he showed me that he ticked the no need for further enquiries box , best of luck to you buddy .
Superb mate, nice one and all the best for the future! I kind of thought they had a " further investigation" section...never seen it discussed on here but makes total sense IMO. Suited n booted it is then lol. stopped drinking 26 weeks ago so bloods should be fine i reckon and no history of missuse or dependence on my GP records 🤞

Congratulations, got my medical two weeks today and bam officially ends on July 15th. Fingers crossed for a quick turnaround for all x

Medical tomorrow at 09:15….has anyone else paid in advance? Seems that most folk pay on the day whereas I paid when I booked my slot? Anyhoo, just curiosity really. Is that light I see way off at the end of the tunnel??? Lol update tomorrow. Bans up in 3 weeks… be lovely if they issue beforehand 🤞🤞some quick turnarounds recently.

Had my medical on the 13th June. Dressed smart for it. Looked rather dapper 😂
No to every question, except one, I’ve been on a drug program for a few weeks back In October 2020. Been clean ever since then!!
The doctor was rushing through his patients. There was a lot of people waiting to see him!! Reckon I was in there 3-4 minutes, as were all the other people in front of me!!
Asked me my height & weight, took bloods, took £98.50…
Told me as I left that it would be 6 weeks before I here anything.
Rang dvla on the 20th June. Was told they’re contacting my GP surgery & sending me a drug questionnaire, which I kind of expected due to my answer about drugs.
My CDT score should be low as I don’t drink much at all. Might have a couple ciders at the end of the month when I get my wages. Didn’t drink for 3 weeks leading up to my medical so I’m hoping it’s a low score.
No sign of the drug questionnaire yet & my GP surgery have said as the dd2 form sent by dvla to my GP isn’t an NHS form it’s not a priority!! Absolutely fantastic NOT…
The one I get sent will be back in the post box the same day ha ha.
I’m glad I’ve got the ball rolling now. I’ll never drink drive ever again that’s for sure 🤦. Talk about extra punishment on top of the ban, points, & fine!!
Only good thing is my points are gone now & I don’t have to declare my 2 drink drives as they’re over 5 years from date of conviction. My ban finished Feb 2018 but I wasn’t in a good place at the time then covid struck so it’s taken til now to apply to do my medical. Glad I’ve got it done.
Timeline was;
Sent application 9th March
Letter to book medical 11th May
Booked medical for 13th June
Letter to GP sent 20th June & the
Drug questionnaire sent to me (yet to arrive)
I’ll keep you all posted on my progress.
Any advice would be helpful & appreciated.
Thanks

Medical tomorrow at 09:15….has anyone else paid in advance? Seems that most folk pay on the day whereas I paid when I booked my slot? Anyhoo, just curiosity really. Is that light I see way off at the end of the tunnel??? Lol update tomorrow. Bans up in 3 weeks… be lovely if they issue beforehand 🤞🤞some quick turnarounds recently.
Let us know how your medical goes buddy!! It seems it all depends on the doctor you see. I filled out a questionnaire before going in the room but I’ve heard different versions on this forum.
Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off