DVLA are processing some license applications fairly swiftly at the mo...

Convicted Driver Insurance

megaduck123

Hi All,

The info in this forum has been really useful for me during the last 9 months of serving a 10 month ban.

I've read some horror stories of folks waiting months and months for licenses to come back due to Covid affecting the speed at which DVLA deals with license applications and enquiries.

So, if it's of any reassurance, to my amazement DVLA did issue me a D27 (beginning of November), although I'd applied with a D1 prior to receiving the form around about 56 days before my ban was due to end.

Within 10 days I'd received a new license (which admittedly I can't use for a few more weeks) - but suffice to say I was pretty surprised and expecting a ridiculously slow turnaround.

So, if like me, you were thinking, will I get my license back before my ban ends due to Covid related slow admin, there is some hope!

BTW, I'm a non-HRO so can only speak for my own situation here -

All the best...

Ive seen some really positive posts about quickness of the DVLA, i think for HRO unless there are major red flags on the medical they are just wanting to clear the back log! good luck!

Hi All,

The info in this forum has been really useful for me during the last 9 months of serving a 10 month ban.

I've read some horror stories of folks waiting months and months for licenses to come back due to Covid affecting the speed at which DVLA deals with license applications and enquiries.

So, if it's of any reassurance, to my amazement DVLA did issue me a D27 (beginning of November), although I'd applied with a D1 prior to receiving the form around about 56 days before my ban was due to end.

Within 10 days I'd received a new license (which admittedly I can't use for a few more weeks) - but suffice to say I was pretty surprised and expecting a ridiculously slow turnaround.

So, if like me, you were thinking, will I get my license back before my ban ends due to Covid related slow admin, there is some hope!

BTW, I'm a non-HRO so can only speak for my own situation here -

All the best...
I got mine in a week -but sent it first day I could

Hi all,

I got a D1 from the Post Office but DVLA sent me the D27 5 days into the 56 day period I can reapply, sent it back and my licence was back within a week.

Having a red licence back again is amazing and although it’s not valid for another month (I was banned for 22 months, reduced to 17 after the DD course), I feel like I can put this behind me.

I’ve not commented on these forums but have read with interest the experiences of others. There are some people on here who have been invaluable to me the last 18 months without knowing it - the regulars who are always ready to give advice and tell others it will be alright.

We are decent people who made a mistake - I’ll be back on the road in December and I say cheers to the users of this forum for helping me get through the journey from conviction to now.

Cheers and have a wonderful Xmas all.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off