DVLA APPROVED Doctor ready for Medicals?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Aron10

Well Known Member
Hi
Out of curiosity I recently contacted the surgery I had been allocated for 24th March (...lockdown..:(.) They are now fully functional for everything except Instructions from DVLA to commence medicals! Albeit its its an occupational clinic so private. DVLA pay as iam Medical revoked, not DD or HRO.
This brings me to my next point and just how unfair the DVLA are both in terms of legal practice and evidential facts together with balance of proof which appears to be concentrated on the CDT test, which boarders on entrapment in my case just for reapplying for my Class2.This had been revoked for a year because of a minor stroke,whereas car only 1 month with GP indicating fit to drive.

The length of you not driving is set out in guidance fro The Stroke Association:

The rationale for one year for class 2 versus one month for a car after a stroke is set out in the link below. Basically it says it is based on a 20% of a reoccurrence for a car, but only 2% for a class 2 vehicle. This is because of the much larger size of the vehicle and the much longer amount of time a class 2 driver spends behind the wheel. That is why there you have to have a medical only for class 2 before you can drive one, there are different age limits - 21 against 17, - only 5 year licences against 10 for cars and licences granted for 1 year at age 65 versus 3 year ones at 70 for cars.

The length of you not driving is set out in guidance fro The Stroke Association:

The rationale for one year for class 2 versus one month for a car after a stroke is set out in the link below. Basically it says it is based on a 20% of a reoccurrence for a car, but only 2% for a class 2 vehicle. This is because of the much larger size of the vehicle and the much longer amount of time a class 2 driver spends behind the wheel. That is why there you have to have a medical only for class 2 before you can drive one, there are different age limits - 21 against 17, - only 5 year licences against 10 for cars and licences granted for 1 year at age 65 versus 3 year ones at 70 for cars.

Noted and 30yrs bus coach industry BTW, my point is still the same the inept pace of this medical process PRE COVID

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off