DVLA antics

Convicted Driver Insurance

RemorseNI

Following my conviction in NI on 1st July for drink driving- have now finally got my UK License endorsed.

Just got my endorsement code for 3 months after my conviction- drumroll please.... - NE99- Taking a car without consent (!)

More rubbish that I now have to contact them about to rectify, failing which when I get my license back, I could fall foul of insurance companies because of the incorrect endorsement.

The correct code is either DR10 or more than likely MR29 ( mutuality of recognition as offence occurred in NI) as |I understand it.

Will probably take them another 3 months to fix it after I invariably spend an hour on the phone to them on Monday- complete clownshow!

Following my conviction in NI on 1st July for drink driving- have now finally got my UK License endorsed.

Just got my endorsement code for 3 months after my conviction- drumroll please.... - NE99- Taking a car without consent (!)

More rubbish that I now have to contact them about to rectify, failing which when I get my license back, I could fall foul of insurance companies because of the incorrect endorsement.

The correct code is either DR10 or more than likely MR29 ( mutuality of recognition as offence occurred in NI) as |I understand it.

Will probably take them another 3 months to fix it after I invariably spend an hour on the phone to them on Monday- complete clownshow!
It is a pain. My ban was suppose to end 8 May the courts send wrong information and DVLA said according to what they received it is now 10 November. They said in order to change it I have to request the documents from court and if the judge put the wrong information I have to sort it out with him. I had a lawyer for 3 court cases and it cost me £12000. After all that I could not be bothered and just left it. Yours are more serious will have to get it changed hopefully it won’t be so complicated.

The worst thing about this incorrect endorsement is that it reflects badly on your character. Taking without consent is a dishonest offence and anything of this nature seems to discredit your integrity which is disgusting. I would be inclined to make a formal complaint to the DVLA and maybe raising this with your MP too. In terms of insurance companies - if you are taking out car or house insurance, please make sure you speak to someone at the end of the phone and explain what has happened. This is yet another example of how incompetent the idiots at the DVLA in Swansea really are.

CJ

Looks like the DVLA is merely trying to emulate our amazing government in terms of rank incompetence.

The new Chancellor and the new PM have really shown how incompetent they are in the last 24 hours after admitting the clusterf**k with the mini budget last week. It is worrying when you think we are now heading in to one of the worst recessions in over 40 years.

CJ

The worst thing about this incorrect endorsement is that it reflects badly on your character. Taking without consent is a dishonest offence and anything of this nature seems to discredit your integrity which is disgusting. I would be inclined to make a formal complaint to the DVLA and maybe raising this with your MP too. In terms of insurance companies - if you are taking out car or house insurance, please make sure you speak to someone at the end of the phone and explain what has happened. This is yet another example of how incompetent the idiots at the DVLA in Swansea really are.

CJ
Slander/Defamation
I’d have them.

The new Chancellor and the new PM have really shown how incompetent they are in the last 24 hours after admitting the clusterf**k with the mini budget last week. It is worrying when you think we are now heading in to one of the worst recessions in over 40 years.

CJ
As long as they don’t do a u turn on IR35

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off