DUI Spain help

Convicted Driver Insurance

MSL4

I crashed a hired car down a ditch after swerving to avoid a tractor coming down a narrow lane fortunately I was in the car on my own was not arrested but I blew 73 I think. I am so upset as I have ruined my families holiday and cannot believe how stupid I am, this happened Friday 5th July 2019 I am scheduled to leave Majorca on the 12th July. I have a couple of questions will I go to court before I leave on the 12th July if so what would be the expected punishment? If I don't go to court before I leave what happens next? Should I consult with a Spanish Lawyer before heading home?

I think you should talk to a lawyer.
I am not familiar with Spanish law but would make the following observation:
The legal limit in Spain is 20 in breath, not 35 as in England.
A ban in Spain does NOT mean that you are banned in the U.K, they do not have a reciprocal arrangement to enforce bans with us
BUT under EU law, which we now recognise, the Spanish authorities can ask the British courts to prosecute a drink driving case from Spain here, so returning does not escape the consequences.

I think you should talk to a lawyer.
I am not familiar with Spanish law but would make the following observation:
The legal limit in Spain is 20 in breath, not 35 as in England.
A ban in Spain does NOT mean that you are banned in the U.K, they do not have a reciprocal arrangement to enforce bans with us
BUT under EU law, which we now recognise, the Spanish authorities can ask the British courts to prosecute a drink driving case from Spain here, so returning does not escape the consequences.
Thank you for taking the time to respond I have no intention of trying to escape the consequences and I will be held accountable. If the British courts prosecute me on behalf of Spain does that mean I will have a British criminal record? I have never been in trouble before and never seen the inside of a police cell or a British court I am just anxious that I do the correct thing and get this matter dealt with as soon as possible.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off