Due to be in court need advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jaymac

I was charged with driving whilst under the influence of alcohol, a member of the public followed me for about ten miles and was flashing his headlights behind me so I pulled over and the guy parked in front of my car, came to my window and when I let the window down he reaches in and took the keys out of the ignition..... shortly after about 3 minuets )the police arrived and I was detained and taken to the police station, I gave two breath specimens 78 and 81, kept in a cell overnight and in the morning, fingerprints and photo shot, then charged for driving whilst under the influence of alcohol given A court date 25th June 2020.

I have three points on licence for speeding last year 2019.

I’ve had to inform my work as i drive for my role, mortified as I shouldn’t have been out whilst on lockdown and being furloughed, possible that I could be sacked as it states in my contract that disqualification of driving could lead to possible termination of employment (which is my own a fault with no excuses)

I feel so stupid for the mistake I have made, absolutely broken and ashamed.

my intention is to plead guilty, with no solicitor

Is there anything I can do to lessen the ban length?
Other than apologise to the judge in person, for wasting police time, courts time, how my irresponsible action will now leave me possibly unemployed etc

For a reading of 78, the magistrates guidelines are a 17-22 month ban, which would be reduced by up to 25% if the magistrates offer you a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. You must be offered the course during your hearing as it cannot be offered once the case is inished so make a note to ask for it if the Magistrates forget, which they sometimes do!
You may well be sentenced at the higher range of the guidelines if the prosecutor stresses that a member of public was so concerned about your driving that he followed you for miles, and presumably called the police.
Tell work as they will have to be told when you are convicted anyway and hopefully they will write a character reference for you that can be handed in to the Magistrates. Also get another character reference from someone with standing in the community.
Turn up on the day looking smart, apologise for taking up the police and the courts time and get your punishment.......

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off