DRUG DRIVING

Convicted Driver Insurance
Not with the 12 month extended time limit in Scotland.
The police may have had a negative result back and not bothered to inform you, but you will only find out if that is the case after 13 months!

Not with the 12 month extended time limit in Scotland.
The police may have had a negative result back and not bothered to inform you, but you will only find out if that is the case after 13 months!
Hopefully or hopefully they’ve been to busy to lodge it well am into 11 months 2 to go lol 😂

Is anyone one on this from Scotland and been stopped for drug driving
I'm in Glasgow. Not been stopped or convicted or any offences but had licence revoked for 6 months after admitting to cannabis use for three weeks on medical form.

I'm in Glasgow. Not been stopped or convicted or any offences but had licence revoked for 6 months after admitting to cannabis use for three weeks on medical form.
Why did you have to fill a medical form in??

Iv been waiting 11 months for a summons as iv heard nothing from the day it happened that’s why I was asking if anyone in Scotland to know if they’ve waited the 12months

Iv been waiting 11 months for a summons as iv heard nothing from the day it happened that’s why I was asking if anyone in Scotland to know if they’ve waited the 12months
Hi robbie
Sorry pal I jumped on the post, the question was for nileR

Hi, a couple of medical issues - nothing to do with drugs or alcohol or any convictions in any way.
The forms ask you if any drugs misuse within past three years and I said yes to this. The same part of the form also asks the dates taken, the amount and frequency taken.
I answered I took for three weeks and this was classed as persistent drugs misuse.
Automatic 6 months revocation, I think (though cannot remember the exact timescale) they could have revoked for 12 months if they wished although I may be incorrect.

Hi, a couple of medical issues - nothing to do with drugs or alcohol or any convictions in any way.
The forms ask you if any drugs misuse within past three years and I said yes to this. The same part of the form also asks the dates taken, the amount and frequency taken.
I answered I took for three weeks and this was classed as persistent drugs misuse.
Automatic 6 months revocation, I think (though cannot remember the exact timescale) they could have revoked for 12 months if they wished although I may be incorrect.
NileR
Unbelievable, I've learnt a lot from this forum but one that sticks with me is tell the DVLA nothing, hope all is sorted now 👌

NileR
Unbelievable, I've learnt a lot from this forum but one that sticks with me is tell the DVLA nothing, hope all is sorted now 👌
Hi, they are a nightmare to deal with overall. In the licence application I spoke of their doctor made a mistake and "forgot" to add information to my file that he had spoke to my GP which meant I had to reapply all over again completely from scratch - new forms, new medical, writing again to GP, four drug tests in total. The whole application took exactly one year instead of the three months it was supposed to be.
This time, I'm still waiting even for word of attending medical and I applied in the beginning of March. The medical department have had my GP report since August 10th and still no word for 19.5 weeks. GP report has been deemed acceptable and no issues with my application has been confirmed by phone calls yet still no word of even attending medical.

hey its hard to say what will happen so i got pulled for drug driving got took police station this was on 2nd of jan 2020 then last week police called me saying no further action due to not enough blood sample taken however worse case for first offence is a 12 month ban regardless and a fine no way around it if your blood level is over ? what are the time scales pal ?
glad it worked out for you. Do you know how many ml of blood the police actually took from you at the station?

the guideline is, they must take 2 x 8ml of blood of which one of the samples is provided to to the person who committed the offence

Hi there just a quick question i smoked a joint the night before i got stopped how likely am i to be over the limit it was 10 hours from the time they took my blood

I blaze every day have done for past 15 years, when I got caught I was expecting my blood to be sky high.
5.4 was my reading your allowed 2.0 apparently judge said it was a low reading got 12 month ban and 120£ fine.
I know someone who was 0.1 over reading got liscence revoked for 5 years
How much did u smoke mate and how long after did they take your blood i smoked a j the night before waiting blood tests results but it was 10 hours from smoking to them taking blood just wondering if i got a chance of being under the limit

How much did u smoke mate and how long after did they take your blood i smoked a j the night before waiting blood tests results but it was 10 hours from smoking to them taking blood just wondering if i got a chance of being under the limit
They say between 12 and 36hr depends if you smoke it regularly as well as the thc sticks around

Last Sunday I stupidly smoked a couple joints with my friend and got behind the wheel. There's no excuse for it and I'm beating myself up about it. It's the first time I've been arrested or even in trouble with the police and I'm pretty frightened. I took the road side drug test and failed so they took me to the station for a blood test and now I'm waiting for the result. I keep googling the penalties and I'm getting more and more worried that I'll get a criminal record or even face a sentence. I'm supposed to be going away in 2 months as well and Im unsure if I'm allowed to go abroad. I know this so a drink driving forum but I don't know where else to go, I'm really in a hard place at the minute. Any information about this would be helpful, thank you Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
I have been interested in the drug drive laws more or less since they started. I really fail to see how/why the level of cannabis you can have in your system is so much lower than harsher mind bending drugs such as heroin and cocaine. I have in the past occasionally smoked but haven’t ever driven that day. I don’t tend to buy it. But if there’s one being passed around I will partake...it’s the way it lingers around ur body for hours/ days that does concern me even for low level usage.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off