Drug driving awaiting court summons

Convicted Driver Insurance
I would advise you to ring either 101 or attend your local police station. What you need to consider is - a summons may have been sent to your former address with a court date. You are not aware of the court date so don’t attend. The Magistrates then issue a warrant for your arrest and you will be circulated as wanted on the PNC. Therefore, you need to address this ASAP.

On the flip side of the coin, the police officer who arrested you has not processed the case file and therefore you will not be subject to any court case or forthcoming prosecution. This is probably the best outcome for you, but you seriously need to speak to the police as a matter of urgency to ascertain if you have in fact been sent a summons you are not aware of.

CJ
Thank you guys I will give 101 a call some point, fingers crossed

I rang 101 monday night after plucking up the coursge, they said they will inform the officer to update me. Today I received the best news I have heard in a long long time from said officer. Driving home today, I felt so much more at ease and my mind was truly messed up by that passed ordeal. I received NFA as blood test was under. I don't how long that has been but every day until today, I've had my moments where it plays on my head. I hope this helps anyone in the same predicament as me, I'm so grateful for stumbling on this post and urging me to ring 101

Last edited:
I rang 101 monday night after plucking up the coursge, they said they will inform the officer to update me. Today I received the best news I have heard in a long long time from said officer. Driving home today, I felt so much more at ease and my mind was truly messed up by that passed ordeal. I received NFA as blood test was under. I don't how long that has been but every day until today, I've had my moments where it plays on my head. I hope this helps anyone in the same predicament as me, I'm so grateful for stumbling on this post and urging me to ring 101
How long had u been waiting for results

I received NFA as blood test was under.
Congratulations! Happy to hear it worked out

On a small side note…I’m certainly not here to tell you how to live your life by any means but if you are smoking a gram daily do be careful, bear in mind how low the limit is, how long it stays in your system and the fact that as a regular smoker your levels are going to be considerably elevated hours and possibly even a day or two since you smoked. You aren’t going to have an undercover roads crime team waiting to pounce on you but you do now have a PNC record and if you’re stopped for any reason then they will likely test you again.

I would have occasionally smoked years ago but stopped completely for fear of this very thing happening after seeing a friend get caught for it and realising how long it stays in your system and can trigger a roadside swab.

Anyway, enjoy having the nearly 1-year weight lifted off your shoulders, enjoy the roads :)

Good news boys, I was under the limit. Case closed, thank you for all your help.
Hello mate how much did you smoke in the days weeks before you were tested, I tested positive on a swab for cannabis last night and had my bloods taken I smoked a joint the night before ( about 0.5g) and smoke a couple of joints of cbd flower (0.2% thc) in the 10-12 hours before my test I’ve been told to wait 6-8 weeks for the results any reply’s would be appreciated cheers 👍

Hello mate how much did you smoke in the days weeks before you were tested, I tested positive on a swab for cannabis last night and had my bloods taken I smoked a joint the night before ( about 0.5g) and smoke a couple of joints of cbd flower (0.2% thc) in the 10-12 hours before my test I’ve been told to wait 6-8 weeks for the results any reply’s would be appreciated cheers 👍
BigTone hasn’t been online in 18 months so probably unlikely you’ll get a reply

The legal limit for THC is 2µg per 100ml of blood - this is incredibly low and the lowest driving limit for any drug. It is not uncommon for people to still be over this limit up to 24 hours after smoking a joint - although note that there isn’t a uniform period of time for everyone and the last poster on this thread smoked in the morning of his test and was still under. A lot of it is subjective to you and will be influenced by things like your weight, how often you smoke, the exact strength of what you are smoking etc. Unfortunately you aren’t going to know or have a realistic idea until the test comes back.

Fingers crossed you narrowly come in under

BigTone hasn’t been online in 18 months so probably unlikely you’ll get a reply

The legal limit for THC is 2µg per 100ml of blood - this is incredibly low and the lowest driving limit for any drug. It is not uncommon for people to still be over this limit up to 24 hours after smoking a joint - although note that there isn’t a uniform period of time for everyone and the last poster on this thread smoked in the morning of his test and was still under. A lot of it is subjective to you and will be influenced by things like your weight, how often you smoke, the exact strength of what you are smoking etc. Unfortunately you aren’t going to know or have a realistic idea until the test comes back.

Fingers crossed you narrowly come in under
I smoked a few joints the night before roughly 10-12 hours before blood test it's been 7 months haven't heard anything so I'm guessing I was ok hope it's the same for you

I smoked a few joints the night before roughly 10-12 hours before blood test it's been 7 months haven't heard anything so I'm guessing I was ok hope it's the same for you
That’s good news! There is a 6 month limit in which they have to charge you. Although as long as they have informed the court they are prosecuting you prior to this deadline, you can still technically be served after it.

I would advise you to phone 101 today and get your answer - most likely investigation closed with no further action

That’s good news! There is a 6 month limit in which they have to charge you. Although as long as they have informed the court they are prosecuting you prior to this deadline, you can still technically be served after it.

I would advise you to phone 101 today and get your answer - most likely investigation closed with no further action
I think I'm ok as I got done for being on phone at same time I been to court for phone which I got a summons 5 days before the six months was up so I'm thinking if I was over would of been in court for both

I think I'm ok as I got done for being on phone at same time I been to court for phone which I got a summons 5 days before the six months was up so I'm thinking if I was over would of been in court for both
Yes I’d say you are in the clear as well. If it were me I would want clarification, you won’t be poking the bear as they can’t do anything now anyway but as long as you aren’t worrying about it that’s the main thing I suppose

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off