DRUG DRIVING 3times

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lu1sidris

I got 3 drug driving charges

9th December 2020- 6th December 2021, 1 yr

14th august 2020 -13th February 2022, 18mnth

21st December 2020 -20th December 2023 , 3 yr

3x DG10

It’s a long story but my mental health wasn’t well at the time, ended up in mental hospital in Spain for a month, last court date I didn’t have solicitor and ended up on a 3 month tag aswell as the 3 year driving ban, my other 2 charges before didn’t turn up for some reason in court so I was lucky but judge wasn’t having it.
Could I appeal this I’ve already done over 2 year ban or have to wait to do 2 years on the last charge ?

Last edited:
Pre

3x DG10

It’s a long story but my mental health wasn’t well at the time, ended up in mental hospital in Spain for a month, last court date I didn’t have solicitor and ended up on a 3 month tag aswell as the 3 year driving ban, my other 2 charges before didn’t turn up for some reason in court so I was lucky but judge wasn’t having it.
Could I appeal this I’ve already done over 2 year ban or have to wait to do 2 years on the last charge ?
They aren't likely to give you your licence back quickly, you're going to be a HRO, medicals etc will be needed.

3x DG10

No, you've been caught again despite 2 previous charges. You need to stop the drugs! Getting your licence back won't be easy. You will be treated as a HRO

Pre

They aren't likely to give you your licence back quickly, you're going to be a HRO, medicals etc will be needed.

No, you've been caught again despite 2 previous charges. You need to stop the drugs! Getting your licence back won't be easy. You will be treated as a HRO
That’s nice to know, all 3 were for cannabis, I already know that I’m willing to have blood tests. I ended up on 1 anti psychotic, 2 anti depressants and 1 benzodiazepines for 6 months after hospital in Spain in 2020-2021. That was not fun

That’s nice to know, all 3 were for cannabis, I already know that I’m willing to have blood tests. I ended up on 1 anti psychotic, 2 anti depressants and 1 benzodiazepines for 6 months after hospital in Spain in 2020-2021. That was not fun
I can imagine it wasn't nice. We've all had our challenges. It's how we move forward from that counts now

3x DG10

I’m sorry to be harsh but personally I think you are a risk on the roads and the DVLA are going to make this VERY difficult to get your license back (if at all) Remember it’s a privilege and not a right and tbh you have shown zero regard for the safety of yourself or anyone else. Thank god no one was injured or killed.

I’m sorry to be harsh but personally I think you are a risk on the roads and the DVLA are going to make this VERY difficult to get your license back (if at all) Remember it’s a privilege and not a right and tbh you have shown zero regard for the safety of yourself or anyone else. Thank god no one was injured or killed.
And you have continued to drive whilst banned. This will not seen favourably at all and shows a total disregard for the law.

Indeed. When I was a uniformed copper we had a list of banned drivers who we would proactively target. If you're a banned driver and continue to drive then fully expect to be pulled over time after time.
I was never pulled over when disqualified, you guys obviously don’t know how the system works , They all take about 6-12 months to come through lol…and I’ve driven for 7 years before I was banned, never had a crash and yes doctor should of took my license before as I was also on a lot of medication at the time.

And you have continued to drive whilst banned. This will not seen favourably at all and shows a total disregard for the law.
Where does it say I countinued to drive while I was banned, I got hit with 3 drug swabs which take 6-12 months to come through, I literally haven’t driven a car since august 2020

To all the people saying I drove whilst disqualified, trying to make it look worst, please read what I’m saying before saying silly stuff to make the situation look worst. Lol

To all the people saying I drove whilst disqualified, trying to make it look worst, please read what I’m saying before saying silly stuff to make the situation look worst. Lol
Your post reads as if you got banned for 1 year then 18 months then 3 years. It does not read very well. How did you get 3 drug driving charges if you weren't driving? It doesn't make sense, you say they take up to 6 months to come through, did you get stopped 3 times in a short period? Why did they take 3 samples off of you. This isn't a us trying to make you look bad...its how your post reads! Maybe explain it a bit better?

Regardless of the time to come through; you knew you’d been charged and rather than being responsible you STILL drove whilst under the influence! It’s not us trying to make you look bad……..

Your post reads as if you got banned for 1 year then 18 months then 3 years. It does not read very well. How did you get 3 drug driving charges if you weren't driving? It doesn't make sense, you say they take up to 6 months to come through, did you get stopped 3 times in a short period? Why did they take 3 samples off of you. This isn't a us trying to make you look bad...its how your post reads! Maybe explain it a bit better?
Not really you automatically thought I drove disqualified ? And like I said it’s a long story. Look at dates this was during covid. Stop assuming things it’s not a good look.

Regardless of the time to come through; you knew you’d been charged and rather than being responsible you STILL drove whilst under the influence! It’s not us trying to make you look bad……..
You know how long cannabis stays in your system for, up to a month, do some research for yourself aswell.

Not really you automatically thought I drove disqualified ? And like I said it’s a long story. Look at dates this was during covid. Stop assuming things it’s not a good look.
Don't come on a forum and ask for help and then get shitty when don't like the answer.

3x DG10

To answer your question...unless someone more knowledgeable corrects me, I assume any early return would be a minimum of two years after the conviction (charge date is irrelevant).

Assuming the third conviction was court on 21/12/20?

If so, you'll need to wait (but might be able to contact court in advance?) but I can't imagine any magistrate agreeing to reduce your ban - can you imagine the headlines about soft touches, etc?

To answer your question...unless someone more knowledgeable corrects me, I assume any early return would be a minimum of two years after the conviction (charge date is irrelevant).

Assuming the third conviction was court on 21/12/20?

If so, you'll need to wait (but might be able to contact court in advance?) but I can't imagine any magistrate agreeing to reduce your ban - can you imagine the headlines about soft touches, etc?
Thanks and yes I get it looks bad. I’m gonna have a go but I’m not expecting any luck.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off