Driving under Section 88 while waiting for licence

Convicted Driver Insurance

kate22

Hi,

After reading several posts on the forum I am under the impression that because I am not a high risk offender, I can drive under section 88 when my ban ends whilst I wait for my licence to come in the post as the dvla have received my application. Is this correct?

The problem is I have rang around a few insurance companies and whilst they said yes we will insure you, the fact I won’t be able to send a picture of my licence in the time scale they ask for means that they will cancel my policy. I’m not sure this is worth risking as god
knows when my actual licence will arrive in the post. I sent the application off mid July, got my passport back off the DVLA in mid August and haven’t heard a thing since!

I have seen a few forum posts of people getting insured under section 88 so I was wondering if anyone knew any insurance companies that do not require a picture of the front and back of the licence when taking out a new policy.

xxx

Hi,

After reading several posts on the forum I am under the impression that because I am not a high risk offender, I can drive under section 88 when my ban ends whilst I wait for my licence to come in the post as the dvla have received my application. Is this correct?

The problem is I have rang around a few insurance companies and whilst they said yes we will insure you, the fact I won’t be able to send a picture of my licence in the time scale they ask for means that they will cancel my policy. I’m not sure this is worth risking as god
knows when my actual licence will arrive in the post. I sent the application off mid July, got my passport back off the DVLA in mid August and haven’t heard a thing since!

I have seen a few forum posts of people getting insured under section 88 so I was wondering if anyone knew any insurance companies that do not require a picture of the front and back of the licence when taking out a new policy.

xxx
You could try Co-Op Eco.
They were fine under S88.
After some to and fro-ing they eventually accepted me despite having no physical licence as it had been returned to DVLA and my licence had actually expired.
What eventually convinced them was the letter in my name that stated that I could be entitled to drive under S88.
Certainly worth a call though and it was actually cheaper than my insurance with current licence.

You could try Co-Op Eco.
They were fine under S88.
After some to and fro-ing they eventually accepted me despite having no physical licence as it had been returned to DVLA and my licence had actually expired.
What eventually convinced them was the letter in my name that stated that I could be entitled to drive under S88.
Certainly worth a call though and it was actually cheaper than my insurance with current licence.
Brilliant! I’ll give them a try. Thanks a mill for that xx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off