Driving sentence

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sthorn1

Hello I appeared in court yesterday and charged with a drink driving offence that happened in April, iv never ever done anything wrong in my life, this was the 1st and May I say the last time,,, I had 2 cans on Saturday afternoon around 12ish and later on in the evening time me and my wife were invited over the road for a couple of drinks,,, thinking the 2 from the afternoon had clearly gone out of my system I had a ferther 2 cans and litteraly drove around the corner,,, I was stood outside my car for around 20mins waiting for my friend wen the police drove up and arrested me,, anyway I got a £635 fine and a 20 month ban,, the judge even asked me if I'd loose my job if I got banned and I said yes and she still did this to me,,, I need my car for work and my little girl as we do karate and kickboxing and need it for our graduations,,, is there anything you can do or I can do

So would it be pointless asking the court to change it from a ban,, to maybe a fine and points,,, this is my 1st offence remember,,, people get alot less for speeding,, car chases, been done with drugs resisting arrest alsorts that real bad criminal people do,, whys mine so bad as they know my circumstances

I had 2 cans of lager at around 12 noon,, and 2 cans at around 5:30 the same evening, at around 9pm I drove literally round the corner and stood outside my car for around 20 mins before the police came,, they did a roadside breath test and blew 70 over 45,,,and for this I got £635 fine,, and a 20 month ban

Yes but they didn't stop me as I was stood outside my car for 20 minutes simply waiting for my friend I was OK and felt totally fine

A reading of 70 would generally attract a 20 months ban if the sentencing guidelines are followed, so I do not think an appeal of sentence would result in much deviation, and either way there would always be at least 12 months disqualification.

The fact that they did not see you driving would not assist once you have pleaded guilty to committing the offence.

I hope this helps

Kind regards
Martin

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off