Driving license

Convicted Driver Insurance

Cantona1973

Good morning can anybody help me out with this I was banned for 3 years and when I got my license back it was only for a year and in that year I did have a drink at home so when my license was up for renewal I told them I’d had a couple of drinks in that year so they took my license off me for 1 year I recently got it back in February 2021 but I went into detox in may but I know I’ll never drink again so my question is should I wait until February 2022 when my license is up for renewal and just have the medical which I’ll pass no problem because I won’t of drank for 9-10 months by then or should I just tell them now rather than wait until February and lose my license for another year any suggestions would be really appreciated thank you

Good morning can anybody help me out with this I was banned for 3 years and when I got my license back it was only for a year and in that year I did have a drink at home so when my license was up for renewal I told them I’d had a couple of drinks in that year so they took my license off me for 1 year I recently got it back in February 2021 but I went into detox in may but I know I’ll never drink again so my question is should I wait until February 2022 when my license is up for renewal and just have the medical which I’ll pass no problem because I won’t of drank for 9-10 months by then or should I just tell them now rather than wait until February and lose my license for another year any suggestions would be really appreciated thank you

In February when they contact your GP for your renewal, which they do at every medical renewal (but not for every single first time HRO medical) they will find out you have been in a detox in May. They will revoke you for another year. You can start that year now and be back on the road by July 2022 or wait until then and be off the road until February 2023 at the earliest. The choice is yours, I will point out that there is the possibility of a £1000 fine for not informing the DVLA of a change of your medical circumstances while holding a medical licence.

There hasn’t been a case of the fine being implemented to my knowledge to any user on this forum, but after the Glasgow Bin lorry incident and the dire straights that the DVLA find themselves in right now I wouldn’t want to risk it myself.

In February when they contact your GP for your renewal, which they do at every medical renewal (but not for every single first time HRO medical) they will find out you have been in a detox in May. They will revoke you for another year. You can start that year now and be back on the road by July 2022 or wait until then and be off the road until February 2023 at the earliest. The choice is yours, I will point out that there is the possibility of a £1000 fine for not informing the DVLA of a change of your medical circumstances while holding a medical licence.

There hasn’t been a case of the fine being implemented to my knowledge to any user on this forum, but after the Glasgow Bin lorry incident and the dire straights that the DVLA find themselves in right now I wouldn’t want to risk it myself.
Yes that’s what I thought too thank you for your reply very helpful it’s made my mind up because I was in limbo with it thank you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off