Driving licence held duration

Convicted Driver Insurance

Avantime

Well Known Member
When someone is banned from driving their licence is taken away. They may have held that licence for many years. I'm my case 35 years. When they finally get their licence back is the licence start date the original one, in my case 1987, or does it start from the date of the issue of the new licence, in my case it will be December 2023. If the answer is the latter then that massively affects the price of insurance when I run quotes. So what have been your experiences on this licence duration issue?

When someone is banned from driving their licence is taken away. They may have held that licence for many years. I'm my case 35 years. When they finally get their licence back is the licence start date the original one, in my case 1987, or does it start from the date of the issue of the new licence, in my case it will be December 2023. If the answer is the latter then that massively affects the price of insurance when I run quotes. So what have been your experiences on this licence duration issue?
When asked how long have you held a licence, you will say since 1987. Although you have lost your licence, it is only a temporary thing. When it is reinstated, it retains the original valid from date.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off