Driving in the UK with EU license after disqualification

Convicted Driver Insurance

dainartas

Hello,

I was banned from driving in the UK (I had UK license) due to drink driving and my ban ended in July 2021. I was classified as HRO at the time so would need to do the medical test.

Due to the DVLA delays, I still haven't heard from them regarding my renewal application.

I am currently in one of the EU countries on holiday and was wondering if I get full driving license there, would I be able to drive with it in the UK until they come back to be re renewal?

Many thanks
Arthur

Apologies if I was unclear.

My drink driving ban ended in July 2021. I applied for license renewal and medical test (I was HRO) but still have not heard back from DVLA (it has been over 6 months). I am wondering whether I can drive in the UK with full valid EU license for now instead of waiting for DVLA to come back to me given they already lost of one my applications?

I was born in one of the EU countries therefore getting a valid license there would not be a problem.

Ah ok.

I believe what you are considering would not work.

Leaving aside how difficult it would be to get a licence abroad, I believe that as a HRO you would still be disqualified until you have been to the medical and cleared fit to drive by the DVLA. Therefore even with a foreign licence you would be unable to drive in this country.

Kind regards
Martin.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off