Driving in an emergency

Convicted Driver Insurance
Am sure you believe that you are right. No point in further correcting you.
I'm sorry but everyone who has replied to you is saying the same information and you're still trying to reply hoping that someone will suddenly agree with you stroke your hand! We can't all be wrong...surely.

So what the the paramedic told you not to provide. It wasn't her licence on the line. The police clearly think you were capable of providing a sample otherwise they wouldn't have charged you. So regardless of someone saying don't...you still made the choice not to. This is going to end very messily for you. Because the DVLA are going to go through your medical records with a fine tooth comb, getting your licence back is going to be really hard

I disagree but each man to his own. There is never a one size fits all judgement. I was not looking to get to out of it. What gave you that idea? Well it is what it is.
There is when it comes to drink driving and failing to provide. The judge will hand you the relevant sentence. REGARDLESS of the story you give.

Your mind is made up
I'd also like to point out that your going to be HRO, High, Risk, Offender. Your going to have have a medical and blood taken and possibly a urine test. You'll need to look it up. I've been waiting since January and I'm only now having my medical on Tuesday so the wait could be very long for you depending on how long your ban is because that's going to happen no matter what. I wish you well, but research HRO.

But it’s not drunk driving: it’s more serious as it’s failure to provide. You are exactly the same as the OP and will not accept responsibility for your actions. The paramedic may have made an error of judgment but you must have not listened to the police. They have deemed you fit to provide and you didn’t Did you not ask questions?? Did you not think it was odd?? Your mental health status is either not as bad as you think or you lied to the MH team.
There is when it comes to drink driving and failing to provide. The judge will hand you the relevant sentence. REGARDLESS of the story you give.
I understand your concerns and appreciate your advice. I know my story is unbelievable. I will add in this information maybe it may shed better light.

The police broke a number of protocols and the paramedic called them out for it. Then immediately they started behaving differently. The paramedic even contacted their supervisor and lodged complaints. Their supervisor came down A and E for paramedic complaint. In that event the paramedic made a series of decisions to protect me. The paramedic kept on checking on me telling me l was right in not giving samples. On that authority l took her word as legal and correct.

I'd also like to point out that your going to be HRO, High, Risk, Offender. Your going to have have a medical and blood taken and possibly a urine test. You'll need to look it up. I've been waiting since January and I'm only now having my medical on Tuesday so the wait could be very long for you depending on how long your ban is because that's going to happen no matter what. I wish you well, but research HRO.
I will do. Thank you. Good luck

I'm sorry but everyone who has replied to you is saying the same information and you're still trying to reply hoping that someone will suddenly agree with you stroke your hand! We can't all be wrong...surely.

So what the the paramedic told you not to provide. It wasn't her licence on the line. The police clearly think you were capable of providing a sample otherwise they wouldn't have charged you. So regardless of someone saying don't...you still made the choice not to. This is going to end very messily for you. Because the DVLA are going to go through your medical records with a fine tooth comb, getting your licence back is going to be really hard

But it’s not drunk driving: it’s more serious as it’s failure to provide. You are exactly the same as the OP and will not accept responsibility for your actions. The paramedic may have made an error of judgment but you must have not listened to the police. They have deemed you fit to provide and you didn’t Did you not ask questions?? Did you not think it was odd?? Your mental health status is either not as bad as you think or you lied to the MH team.

Oh London89 are you still drunk or continuing to drink? Your responses make no sense.
Hope you heal and stick to facts. My case is very unique hence getting information on this forum. Just because it's not the standard of what you know doesn't mean unique cases like mine don't exist. Take this as an opportunity to learn. I am glad l have exposed you to things out of your understanding capacity. The usual response is denial hence throwing accusations at me. Learn.

I understand. I am not disputing drink driving. I did wrong. My main issue is what happened with the paramedic. Why would she repeatedly give me bad advice whilst on duty and in the ambulance and then at the hospital. She repeatedly told me not to. I trusted her as a figure of authority.
I'm not sure if you read my previous post on your other thread, but a paramedic has no authority to suggest a blood sample should not be taken.

I'm not sure why they would - potentially they felt sympathetic to your circumstances and wanted to be a good samaritan, but unfortunately they have mislead you. They can't give evidence on your behalf, as in order to request a sample the doctor in charge of your care would have needed to say you were fit to give a sample. The medical opinion of a doctor will trump that of a paramedic. If they tried to give evidence for you they would also likely lose their job, and may already have been reprimanded.

The issue of suicidal people drink/drug driving is not new. I have seen it many times. It's unfortunate, but because drink driving/drug driving/failing to provide is a 'strict liability' offence your state of mind or intent is not considered.

It's also worth considering that while harsh, it is fair. A drink/drug driver is just as dangerous while suffering a mental health episode (if not more so) and it is in the public interest to prevent you from driving. Ideally, there would be a means of banning you without giving you a criminal record, but if that were implemented every drink/drug driver would suddenly claim to be suicidal as a means of escaping punishment.

So while I'm not here to judge you, I want you to understand it's not unreasonable to seek prosecution in your case. I would encourage you not to consider this a huge setback to your life, and to talk to someone about the issues that lead you to the accident. Plenty of people in this forum will share the same circumstances as you.

Hope you heal and stick to facts. My case is very unique hence getting information on this forum. Just because it's not the standard of what you know doesn't mean unique cases like mine don't exist. Take this as an opportunity to learn. I am glad l have exposed you to things out of your understanding capacity. The usual response is denial hence throwing accusations at me. Learn.
The reason I am on this site is because I looked for advice after over 100 paracetamol and a bottle of wine. I was found by the Police and charged with Being in charge of a vehicle etc. I spent 5 days in hospital and lots of liaisons with Mental Health. Don’t you dare assume things about me. Your case is not complicated.

I'm not sure if you read my previous post on your other thread, but a paramedic has no authority to suggest a blood sample should not be taken.

I'm not sure why they would - potentially they felt sympathetic to your circumstances and wanted to be a good samaritan, but unfortunately they have mislead you. They can't give evidence on your behalf, as in order to request a sample the doctor in charge of your care would have needed to say you were fit to give a sample. The medical opinion of a doctor will trump that of a paramedic. If they tried to give evidence for you they would also likely lose their job, and may already have been reprimanded.

The issue of suicidal people drink/drug driving is not new. I have seen it many times. It's unfortunate, but because drink driving/drug driving/failing to provide is a 'strict liability' offence your state of mind or intent is not considered.

It's also worth considering that while harsh, it is fair. A drink/drug driver is just as dangerous while suffering a mental health episode (if not more so) and it is in the public interest to prevent you from driving. Ideally, there would be a means of banning you without giving you a criminal record, but if that were implemented every drink/drug driver would suddenly claim to be suicidal as a means of escaping punishment.

So while I'm not here to judge you, I want you to understand it's not unreasonable to seek prosecution in your case. I would encourage you not to consider this a huge setback to your life, and to talk to someone about the issues that lead you to the accident. Plenty of people in this forum will share the same circumstances as you.
Thank you very much for this deep and detailed response. I hadn't seen the other post. It has cleared a lot of debris on the situation. I will do as asked. Thank you for looking at the facts of my story with no judgement. I will update you on the progress of everything including the outcome. Thank you once again

The reason I am on this site is because I looked for advice after over 100 paracetamol and a bottle of wine. I was found by the Police and charged with Being in charge of a vehicle etc. I spent 5 days in hospital and lots of liaisons with Mental Health. Don’t you dare assume things about me. Your case is not complicated.
And it's ok for you to accuse me of being drunk three times in one day? You said l have no remorse? So it's ok for you to assume things about me? You are unbelievable

It fluctuates yes.. some days are good some days are shit but you're acting like your MH fluctuates hourly lol

I had sympathy for you this morning, but reading all of your posts I think you're clutching at straws to be innocent but you're not. Drink drinking, crashing your car and failing to provide! End of. Deal with it
Hey thsts my line 😄

I understand your concerns and appreciate your advice. I know my story is unbelievable. I will add in this information maybe it may shed better light.

The police broke a number of protocols and the paramedic called them out for it. Then immediately they started behaving differently. The paramedic even contacted their supervisor and lodged complaints. Their supervisor came down A and E for paramedic complaint. In that event the paramedic made a series of decisions to protect me. The paramedic kept on checking on me telling me l was right in not giving samples. On that authority l took her word as legal and correct.
If I was you I would be finding that so called or imaginary paramedic and be giving him/her a slap, but I think this is just another case of someone getting caught out and trying to get out of the punishment 🤦

Hey thsts my l
If I was you I would be finding that so called or imaginary paramedic and be giving him/her a slap, but I think this is just another case of someone getting caught out and trying to get out of the punishment 🤦
I am genuinely genuinely shocked by your response and those who think what I am explaining is fictional. How can you truly 100% believe that this is a lie. This is an eye opener for me. Am genuinely surprised

The hardest part of this to believe is that anyone in the UK on a Saturday night in 2022 would get a mental health assessment within a few hours!
Never knew my case is this unbelievable. Just give it an open mind and believe that it actually happened.

I am genuinely genuinely shocked by your response and those who think what I am explaining is fictional. How can you truly 100% believe that this is a lie. This is an eye opener for me. Am genuinely surprised
You have to understand if you have been on this forum for as long as some of us have we have heard your story ALOT of times before it doesn't matter the circumstances unless your in fear of your life then you drove, over the limit or failing to provide is all the magistrates will hear .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off