Driving in an emergency

Convicted Driver Insurance
You have to understand if you have been on this forum for as long as some of us have we have heard your story ALOT of times before it doesn't matter the circumstances unless your in fear of your life then you drove, over the limit or failing to provide is all the magistrates will hear .
I understand. I feel more determined to update you of my story as it progress. l am thankful for your advice. I now have an idea of the full depth of my situation. What will be will be. I will prepare as best as I can.

I understand your concerns and appreciate your advice. I know my story is unbelievable. I will add in this information maybe it may shed better light.

The police broke a number of protocols and the paramedic called them out for it. Then immediately they started behaving differently. The paramedic even contacted their supervisor and lodged complaints. Their supervisor came down A and E for paramedic complaint. In that event the paramedic made a series of decisions to protect me. The paramedic kept on checking on me telling me l was right in not giving samples. On that authority l took her word as legal and correct.
What protocols did they break then 🤦🏻‍♀️

I stood to gain nothing from refusing the test. I just thought the paramedic knew something l didn't hence pressing on Dont get tested. From the minute I stepped in the ambulance it was don't give samples.
What protocols did they break then 🤦🏻‍♀️
a lot but I cannot put them here as it is an ongoing case

I stood to gain nothing from refusing the test. I just thought the paramedic knew something l didn't hence pressing on Dont get tested. From the minute I stepped in the ambulance it was don't give samples.

a lot but I cannot put them here as it is an ongoing case
Reports were filled and their. Supervisor visited

Good luck London 89. I think you're going to need it.
Thank you but not really. It is what it is at least l now know what to expect. Without your advice it would have been a huge shock knowing that l am to be charged with failure to produce.

There is genuinely a chance the police won't take further action - as I mentioned in another thread, I know of suicide-attempt cases where the police don't proceed.

But it may be the DVLA just pull your licence.

There is genuinely a chance the police won't take further action - as I mentioned in another thread, I know of suicide-attempt cases where the police don't proceed.

But it may be the DVLA just pull your licence.
Thank you very much for your response

In fairness, "failure to provide" is a deeply problematic standard that should never have been made law (it's a recent thing). It's in complete conflict with the notion that you "do not have to say anything that may harm you in court", i.e. the rule of self-incrimination. However we're well past the point of having actual civil rights in this country.

In fairness, "failure to provide" is a deeply problematic standard that should never have been made law (it's a recent thing). It's in complete conflict with the notion that you "do not have to say anything that may harm you in court", i.e. the rule of self-incrimination. However we're well past the point of having actual civil rights in this country.
it came into law over 30 years ago under sections 6 & 7 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 where it became an offence if a person failed and/or refuses to provide a specimen of breath, blood or urine when lawfully required to do so, unless that person has a reasonable excuse for any such failure.

It is not a “new” law.

Yes but the guidance has changed. The law changed several times (1991, 2004, 2011) but the relevant part is:

> A person who, without reasonable excuse, fails to provide a specimen of breath when required to do so in pursuance of this section is guilty of an offence.
or later:
> A person commits an offence if without reasonable excuse he fails to co-operate with a preliminary test in pursuance of a requirement imposed under this section.
(the change I assume to include both breath and impairment tests)

However the guidance around what constitutes 'reasonable' changes on a whim. It used to be you can just fail to blow hard enough and they would have to take you to the station. They would then make you blow into a bench breathalyser at the station and if that failed have to call out a doctor to do a blood test. The process could take long enough that you drop below the limit. Now there basically is no reasonable excuse even though it is in the law.

Thank you very much for your response

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off