Driving for less than 2 years an have received d27p form

Convicted Driver Insurance

Graceannowen

I lost my license last January and I had been driving for around 18 months. I have received a d27p form today and my ban ends in March. If I send off my d27p form will I receive a provisional licence back in the post?

Unless you are in Northern Ireland, or the court ordered you to retake your test then you will get a full licence back.
The “6 points and have to resit your test in the first 2 years” does not apply to drink driving as you get a ban and no points.

I live in the UK and the court said I would have re take my test because I have not been driving for two years. Do you think I would be able to appeal this then?

Any appeal against sentence has to be made within 21 days, so no, you cannot appeal now.
you asked if you would get a provisional licence, then tell us that the court ordered you to retake your test, so you knew the answer to your own question!

The gouvernement website says to get a provisional you must go to the post office and get a D1 form but I have been sent a d27p form in the post so I was confused. Therefore I’ve not answered my own question...

I was replying to your question that appeared to ask: “When I apply for my licence, will I get a provisional?” You didn’t mention that the court had ordered you to retake your test. That is why I said you had answered your own question.
Your question seems to be: “If I sent off a D27p form, will I get a provisional?”

The answer to that is yes, that is why DVLA sent it to you. It is a standard form to apply for whatever licence you are due.
you do not have to get a D1 form. The government website talks about a D1 For applications for a licence, not the restoration of a licence due to the Drink drive or other disqualification process, but the D1 can be used if a D27p does not arrive (as was the case during the worst of the lockdown)
the two forms are, in reality, identical. They just come from a different place, but if you look on the DVLA website you can order a D1 and they send you a D1, not a D27. How about that for clarity of purpose? (Not)

Last edited:
Hi, I have received a driving licence back not a provisional even tho the court ordered me to re take and I had only been driving for 1 year. Can this happen in some cases? Will I be okay to use this license?

I said before it is unusual for the court to order a retest, are you sure that they did indeed order it?
The fact that DVLA issued a full licence indicates that they were not told of the need for a retest.
Have you got any paperwork from the court or from a solicitor if you had one, the correspondence would certainly have mentioned that a retest was required.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off