Driving after drug driving disqualification while waiting for license to return

Convicted Driver Insurance

Comingoffban123

Hi guys
I’m due to come off my drug driving ban on the 12th of august, I’m classed as a non high risk offender, I was banned for 12 months with no penalty points. I received my d27 renewal form around 5 weeks ago now and sent it off straight away, the dvla have received it as I payed for signed delivery next day, am I ok to drive from the date my ban ends even if my physical license isn’t back yet, I’ve read the section 88 on the gov websites which states on there than I can drive as I will be off my disqualification and I don’t have to do a medical or anything? Just want to make sure this is correct before I do, any help or advice would be much appreciated thank you

Hi buddy section 88 applies if your driving licence has expired and you have applied for a new one.your licence was revoked for drug driving.you cannot drive until your ban is over.but you can drive even if you don't have you licence in your hand after the ban ends.check on the dvla site asap after your ban ends.

Hi buddy section 88 applies if your driving licence has expired and you have applied for a new one.your licence was revoked for drug driving.you cannot drive until your ban is over.but you can drive even if you don't have you licence in your hand after the ban ends.check on the dvla site asap after your ban ends.
Alright mate I thought that would be the case but I wanted to double check just to make sure in case I do get pulled over when I am driving while waiting for it, if it wasn’t for dvla having loads of strikes because of covid then I would have had it by now, thank you for the advice I will check my driving license info on the dvla on the 12th of august,

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off