Drinking abstention

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stooky

Hi all, I attended the 1st day of the drink drive rehabilitation course on zoom today. And found out that I'd need a medical before I can get my licence back as I'm considered high risk. I was unaware of this.
Can anyone tell me what the process of the medical is and how long I should abstain from drinking beforehand?
Thank you

Hi all, I attended the 1st day of the drink drive rehabilitation course on zoom today. And found out that I'd need a medical before I can get my licence back as I'm considered high risk. I was unaware of this.
Can anyone tell me what the process of the medical is and how long I should abstain from drinking beforehand?
Thank you

Stooky

Welcome to the forum.

If you have a look at the threads under DVLA medicals you should find out all the information you need.

You will need to do a medical if you are a High Risk Offender (HRO).

HRO are people who have blown 87.5mg or higher, people who have refused to provide or those who are on their second or third ban (within ten years of the previous conviction).

The site is very informative and should have all the info you need.

Regards

CJ

Thanks for the reply.
I blew 91 hence the HRO.
none of this was explained to me after my conviction

Thanks for the reply.
I blew 91 hence the HRO.
none of this was explained to me after my conviction
You would have received a letter from the courts after your conviction stating that you were an HRO and would have to sit a DVLA medical prior to receiving your licence back. This is however buried in all the other bumf that is sent though and is often missed. You are in the right place here to get through this. Read through the various threads and I'm sure you will learn.

No I dont

Stooky

If you having nothing recorded anywhere about alcohol misuse/dependancy then you will be fine. Please make sure you abstain for a long period before your HRO medical (the long the better).

CJ

Stooky

If you having nothing recorded anywhere about alcohol misuse/dependancy then you will be fine. Please make sure you abstain for a long period before your HRO medical (the long the better).

CJ
Thank you CJ
With the completion of my DDRC I'm due to get my licence back mid march, so I'm going to have a dry january onwards

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off