Drink driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

ET1988

Hi I am looking for some advice I am due in court tomorrow and I’m petrified I have never been In court.

approximately 3 weeks ago I was stopped in Liverpool around 9am I had been drinking the night before and consumed a large amount of alcohol. I was stopped by under cover police.

I felt fine to drive I was tired and slightly hungover I didn’t feel drunk nor over the limit my intentions were to get home to pick my two children up.
I was breathalised and blow 68.
Does anyone no likely what will happen. I am also a student nurse waiting to qualify.

Hi I am looking for some advice I am due in court tomorrow and I’m petrified I have never been In court.

approximately 3 weeks ago I was stopped in Liverpool around 9am I had been drinking the night before and consumed a large amount of alcohol. I was stopped by under cover police.

I felt fine to drive I was tired and slightly hungover I didn’t feel drunk nor over the limit my intentions were to get home to pick my two children up.
I was breathalised and blow 68.
Does anyone no likely what will happen. I am also a student nurse waiting to qualify.

Hi ET welcome to the forum. There's a link below I've put on that the Mags use for sentencing and you fall in the 17-22 months guidelines for a ban. I take it youremrepresenting yourself.

Firstly DO NOT WORRY, you won't be off to prison or owt like that. You will get banned, no doubt about that. You will also have to pay £85 prosecution costs if you plead guilty and will also get a fine.

You're not classed as high risk with blowing under 87.5 so when your ban is over that will be it, you won't need a medical or anything to get your licence back.

Ask the magistrates if you can go on a drink drive awareness course as this will then get you some time off your ban, plead guilty, be apologetic, thank the police for treating you well if they did.

Go smartly dressed, don't be going in your trackies and Nike air max.

You'll feel better when it's all over in court and can then start to move on.

Owt else ask away!
Cheers

James

No Bob has given you sound advice.
I would just add that you will have to tell the NMC and the Uni you are studying with.
They will hold a competency hearing. Others on here have been through this process and it has not resulted in them not being allowed to qualify, Perhaps one of them will be about and advise you.........

No Bob has given you sound advice.
I would just add that you will have to tell the NMC and the Uni you are studying with.
They will hold a competency hearing. Others on here have been through this process and it has not resulted in them not being allowed to qualify, Perhaps one of them will be about and advise you.........
Hi you need to tell your university & the NMC ASAP
If you send me a message I can advise on how to handle this

Hi ET welcome to the forum. There's a link below I've put on that the Mags use for sentencing and you fall in the 17-22 months guidelines for a ban. I take it youremrepresenting yourself.

Firstly DO NOT WORRY, you won't be off to prison or owt like that. You will get banned, no doubt about that. You will also have to pay £85 prosecution costs if you plead guilty and will also get a fine.

You're not classed as high risk with blowing under 87.5 so when your ban is over that will be it, you won't need a medical or anything to get your licence back.

Ask the magistrates if you can go on a drink drive awareness course as this will then get you some time off your ban, plead guilty, be apologetic, thank the police for treating you well if they did.

Go smartly dressed, don't be going in your trackies and Nike air max.

You'll feel better when it's all over in court and can then start to move on.

Owt else ask away!
Cheers

James

Thanks for your reply I attended court today and was banned for 17 months I have been given the chance to complete the drink driving course which iam going to book today. Can I ask for some advise regarding my car insurance? Do I need to cancel the policy or leave it as it is my partner is currently on the insurance as a named driver however the policy is in my name. Thank you

Thanks for your reply I attended court today and was banned for 17 months I have been given the chance to complete the drink driving course which iam going to book today. Can I ask for some advise regarding my car insurance? Do I need to cancel the policy or leave it as it is my partner is currently on the insurance as a named driver however the policy is in my name. Thank you

You need to cancel your insurance. Your must hold a full licence in order to hold insurance, the policy will be invalidated in the event of a crash. Your partner will have to get insurance in their own name.

You need to cancel your insurance. Your must hold a full licence in order to hold insurance, the policy will be invalidated in the event of a crash. Your partner will have to get insurance in their own name.
Ok thank you.

Well done ET you obviously did well by yourself you got lowest tier In Sentencing guidelines and your DD course, although you probably won't feel it at the moment I would say you've got yourself a good result there.

At least it's done and dusted with and you can move on now.

All the best!

Well done ET you obviously did well by yourself you got lowest tier In Sentencing guidelines and your DD course, although you probably won't feel it at the moment I would say you've got yourself a good result there.

At least it's done and dusted with and you can move on now.

All the best!
No I definitely do not feel good but hopefully I will do as time goes on and I get used to not driving. Thanks for the advice and support.

Do get your company to give you a copy of the no claims discount as they will honour it for 2 years
If it’s your car you need to put it off road, sell it or sign it over to someone who has full insurance for it as you can’t get insurance with no licence

Hey, hope you're okay.
I got banned 30th Dec for 20 months, reduced by 5 months for DD course.

I have completed day 2 of the course today and cannot believe how much I have learnt, best course I have ever been on.

I.would do the course close to your ban end date so it's fresh in mind when you get your licence back. Time goes very quickly, I will be driving in April. At the time, it is horrific, I thought my world would collapse but loving proof that it isn't all bad.
Take care of yourself.

Hey, hope you're okay.
I got banned 30th Dec for 20 months, reduced by 5 months for DD course.

I have completed day 2 of the course today and cannot believe how much I have learnt, best course I have ever been on.

I.would do the course close to your ban end date so it's fresh in mind when you get your licence back. Time goes very quickly, I will be driving in April. At the time, it is horrific, I thought my world would collapse but loving proof that it isn't all bad.
Take care of yourself.
Matter of opinion I did mine ASAP to get it out the way & thank fully I did as got the last one in pre lockdown 1
Take it from me you remember the units per drink & time to get out your system
It’s scary how long it stays in your system
I’m back on the road lesson learnt but you will survive this time

Matter of opinion I did mine ASAP to get it out the way & thank fully I did as got the last one in pre lockdown 1
Take it from me you remember the units per drink & time to get out your system
It’s scary how long it stays in your system
I’m back on the road lesson learnt but you will survive this time
Very true but I'm a 'out of sight, out of mind gal'.

What was your first time in a car like after you got your licence back? What form did you fill in?

I am doing my DD course at the beginning of Feb via zoom. I also wanted to get it out of the way (was banned at the end of September). I actually wanted to do it sooner but then birthdays and Christmas came so round so quickly. I'm looking forward to the course. I dont drink at all now. My husband still drinks, not alot just a few beers on a weekend. I find myself preaching to him about being careful not to drink too much if he has to drive the next morning. Wish I'd have done the course whilst I was driving to be honest. My daughter is starting to learn to drive soon (when allowed, cant do it at the moment due to lockdown) I intend to feed the course back to her.

Very true but I'm a 'out of sight, out of mind gal'.

What was your first time in a car like after you got your licence back? What form did you fill in?

You can apply for your licence 56 days before ban up
Form D1 from post office don’t wait for dvla to send
Advised to send recorded delivery
If you have time on your photo they will use that I had to send a photo got 10 yr licence
Got mine in a week in between lockdown 1 & 2
I was quite anxious re driving and it was a new car plus with covid I had to go by myself
It was after first 5 mins fine
Not done any big trips or motorways yet due to lockdown!

I am doing my DD course at the beginning of Feb via zoom. I also wanted to get it out of the way (was banned at the end of September). I actually wanted to do it sooner but then birthdays and Christmas came so round so quickly. I'm looking forward to the course. I dont drink at all now. My husband still drinks, not alot just a few beers on a weekend. I find myself preaching to him about being careful not to drink too much if he has to drive the next morning. Wish I'd have done the course whilst I was driving to be honest. My daughter is starting to learn to drive soon (when allowed, cant do it at the moment due to lockdown) I intend to feed the course back to her.
I think it should be part of your test & with your insurance each year you do a on line refresher
The units in your system is scary 1 bottle of wine - nearly 10 hours you cover this on the course

Agreed. Feel very strongly to say this needs to be taught to all drivers, not just naughty or stupid ones.
How many people are getting in their cars unaware?
How many don't realise the units they're consuming? How close they are to doing undoable damage?
Didn't have q clue before this.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off