Drink driving .

Convicted Driver Insurance
Not really worth having a solicitor, providing the circumstances are straightforward. (Meaning that you were not breath tested after driving and being at home when the police arrived for example)
you will get a minimum 12 month ban, because that is fixed at the lowest level you can get, but it can range between 12-16 months according to the circumstances - being involved in an accident for example can push you up the range towards 16 months.
you can reduce the ban you are given if you are offered a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. This would reduce the ban by up to 25%. It has to be offered by the magistrates, and accepted by you during your court case. It is cannot be offered afterwards so make a note to ask the magistrates to be allowed to go on a course if they do not offer it.
you will also get a fine, according to your income, £85 prosecution costs and a “victim surcharge” of probably £20.
DON’T say there were no victims in your case, it is a surcharge on everyone who appears in court that goes towards a central pot to assist all victims.........

Not really worth having a solicitor, providing the circumstances are straightforward. (Meaning that you were not breath tested after driving and being at home when the police arrived for example)
you will get a minimum 12 month ban, because that is fixed at the lowest level you can get, but it can range between 12-16 months according to the circumstances - being involved in an accident for example can push you up the range towards 16 months.
you can reduce the ban you are given if you are offered a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. This would reduce the ban by up to 25%. It has to be offered by the magistrates, and accepted by you during your court case. It is cannot be offered afterwards so make a note to ask the magistrates to be allowed to go on a course if they do not offer it.
you will also get a fine, according to your income, £85 prosecution costs and a “victim surcharge” of probably £20.
DON’T say there were no victims in your case, it is a surcharge on everyone who appears in court that goes towards a central pot to assist all victims.........

Thank you I was in my car I had to be cut out . Nobody was injured. I was breatherlised at the hospital

How do I write a letter of apology to the court

Hello Sheralee,

The best way to approach an apology letter is entirely your choice, but perhaps think about including several of the following things:

- Briefly give a description of the reasons which led you to commit the offence. If you didn’t employ a solicitor to represent you on your behalf, you may want to give some additional details aside from the prosecution shedding light onto ‘your side of the story’

- Show genuine remorse for your actions and offer a sincere apology to the Magistrates (this is most important even if you don’t write anything else). By the sounds of it, you had a fairly serious crash, so it would be prudent to extend your apologies to other road users; not to mention the emergency services. You will also want to include the fact that you were extremely lucky to have not seriously injured or killed anyone

- If you have brought along character references (which make all the difference), make sure to state that this was an isolated incident and is a blemish on an otherwise clean driving record and good character (assuming this is your first and only offence)

Hope you manage to get something together prior to your court date.

MM

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off