Drink driving with no licence or insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

Jaka

Hello

Can you please advise me.

My story is that on my birthday i bought a car with idea that i will apply for a driver license after this pandemic will be over. I was driving this car without a license, no insurance and under alcohol. I was trying to take it from the public parking space and to park it in front of my house.There was 5 min drive, on the way i accidentaly scratched 2 parked cars on the street. They called the police and i got arrested.My breath test was 45. Next month i have the court. This is my first time doing something stupid like this and i regret it. Can you please help me with an advise what sentence i can expect?
Thank you in advance

You can expect a ban of 12-16 months, reduced by up to 25% if you are offered and complete
A Drink drive rehabilitation course. Plus a fine and costs. It may well be towards the 16 months because of the collision and your lack of a licence or insurance.
If you are prosecuted for the document offences as well, you will get fines for those but no points because of the ban for drink driving.
If you have your car outside on the road then it needs insurance just for that.
Insurance is going to be expensive when you can drive next year!

Thank for your reply.
I am very scared, and i don't know what to do at the court, maybe you know if usually the free solicitor which they provide at the police office are reliable enough? or should i find someone else ?

The duty solicitor at court will probably be a different one to the one at the police station, they operate on a rota system.
A duty solicitor is just an ordinary solicitor who has asked to be put on the list to give advice (they are paid by the Legal Aid Board but give advice to you for free) so they are no less able than any solicitor you pay to see.
The only problem can be that if court is very busy, they prioritise cases and unless your reading was vey high then they may just give advice but not be able to speak for you in court.

What can i do to make my sentence smoother? Can i take any references from my work place and from my family or friends?
And maybe you know , can my sister in law to come to the court with me? As i am very scared( i am 20 years old, and my english is not very good, she can help me with translating and also i will feel more confident if she will come with me.

Hello
in couple days i am going to the court, can you advise if should i write a mitigation letter? and if this will help me?

Thank you

The duty solicitor at court will probably be a different one to the one at the police station, they operate on a rota system.
A duty solicitor is just an ordinary solicitor who has asked to be put on the list to give advice (they are paid by the Legal Aid Board but give advice to you for free) so they are no less able than any solicitor you pay to see.
The only problem can be that if court is very busy, they prioritise cases and unless your reading was vey high then they may just give advice but not be able to speak for you in court.
Hi John
Can I pick your brains re the D1 form?
Nick

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off