Drink driving while disqualified

Convicted Driver Insurance

Claire121

Hi all, thought I would post on here and let you know my story, so I got caught drink driving and was banned for 18 months October 2020 fast foward to may 2021 and got caught drink driving while disqualified. Just come home from court very lucky to not have been going to prison instead, I had a 3 year ban reduced by 287 days if I complete the course, 60 hours with probation and a alcohol abstence tag for 80 days, very lucky to not go to prison and not even have a suspended sentence as i was 3 times over the limit and doing it while already disqualified aggravated the case, the shock of actually going to prison really hit home today and I will never put myself in that situation again, lesson learned. Thanks for all your advice on this forum and reading all your stories have really helped.

Last edited:
Hi all, thought I would post on here and let you know my story, so I got caught drink driving and was banned for 18 months October 2020 fast foward to may 2021 and got caught drink driving while disqualified. Just come home from court very lucky to not have been going to prison instead, I had a 3 year ban reduced by 287 days if I complete the course, 60 hours with probation and a alcohol abstence tag for 80 days, very lucky to not go to prison and not even have a suspended sentence as i was 3 times over the limit and doing it while already disqualified aggravated the case, the shock of actually going to prison really hit home today and I will never put myself in that situation again, lesson learned. Thanks for all your advice on this forum and reading all your stories have really helped.
A new future starts now . All the best with it.

Really glad to hear that you sound quite positive about the outcome. Onwards and upwards going forward from here x

I bet that was scary, Very lucky indeed I was certain I was going to prison, won’t be making that mistake again x
Very scary and i broke down in the dock seeing my mrs crying after judge said it was a custodial sentence.Only thing kept me out was the fact i have a disabled lad and judge was made aware it would have a big affect on him

Very scary and i broke down in the dock seeing my mrs crying after judge said it was a custodial sentence.Only thing kept me out was the fact i have a disabled lad and judge was made aware it would have a big affect on him
I’m glad you came out the other end, We all have our tales to tell, the only thing we can do from our mistakes is learn from them x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off