DRINK DRIVING RANT!

Convicted Driver Insurance

recrec

DRINK DRIVING RANT!

The whole 'Prohibitionist' type system should be scrapped, since trying to control human behavior by legislative means has never worked, in the past, present, or future. It just creates a huge new 'monster' industry of fascist/communistic style Police enforcement under the pretense of doing good, in an effort to regulate human behavior, i.e. to keep us from hurting ourselves and possibly others in the process. The result is countless lives ruined (whether innocent or guilty), a massive legislative 'Behemoth' which feeds upon the masses, with increasingly severe penalties (because nothing is working), scarring and destroying many more human lives, all in the name of the 'Doctor and the Stethoscope'...doing good!

As someone once said: "If fascism ever came back to Germany, it would come in the form of a White Coat and Stethoscope"

Are we as humans so thick, that we are forever repeating the mistakes of the past! Have we not learnt from early 20th Century history...Prohibition does not work?

I remember watching an old 'Laurel & Hardy' video clip once where both of them are arrested for offering a bottle of beer to an undercover Policemen on a bus during the 'Alcohol Prohibition’ of the 1920's (seemingly absurd today). As a consequence of their actions they both received a 2 year non-parole term in a maximum security prison sharing a cell with Murderers, Rapists, Arsonists and the like.

Hopefully, you all get my point.

What has the so called 'War on Drugs' achieved, other than creating 'massive violent criminal cartels' with little or no effect to the supply and ready availability of all kinds of Drugs? Has Prohibition worked after almost 60 years?

Have we not instead damaged, criminalized, and destroyed millions of young/older lives in the process of Law enforcement, which far exceeds any destruction that the use of these (certainly softer) drugs would have of caused?

Now we have a relatively new 'WAR,' the 'War' on the 'Motorist' creating another massively expensive beaurocacy of Lawyers, Police enforcement agencies, and courts, with little or no effect on Drink driving, or any other traffic offense.

As a human race we have allowed so many 'IDIOTS' to be put in charge of our affairs, that it is just a matter of time before we destroy ourselves and the Natural World.

VOTE FOR ME, AND I WOULD PUT AN END TO ALL THIS MADDNESS!

Last edited:
DRINK DRIVING RANT!

The whole 'Prohibitionist' type system should be scrapped, since trying to control human behavior by legislative means has never worked, in the past, present, or future. It just creates a huge new 'monster' industry of fascist/communistic style Police enforcement under the pretense of doing good, in an effort to regulate human behavior, i.e. to keep us from hurting ourselves and possibly others in the process. The result is countless lives ruined (whether innocent or guilty), a massive legislative 'Behemoth' which feeds upon the masses, with increasingly severe penalties (because nothing is working), scarring and destroying many more human lives, all in the name of the 'Doctor and the Stethoscope'...doing good!

So are you saying that law and order should be abolished and everyone should be able to do as they please? This is ludicrous. Countless lives ruined whether innocent or guilty? I can imagine MANY MANY more lives would be ruined if there were not laws, legislative and consequences for breaking the laws. It would be absolute mayhem.

As someone once said: "If fascism ever came back to Germany, it would come in the form of a White Coat and Stethoscope"

Are we as humans so thick, that we are forever repeating the mistakes of the past! Have we not learnt from early 20th Century history...Prohibition does not work?

I remember watching an old 'Laurel & Hardy' video clip once where both of them are arrested for offering a bottle of beer to an undercover Policemen on a bus during the 'Alcohol Prohibition’ of the 1920's (seemingly absurd today). As a consequence of their actions they both received a 2 year non-parole term in a maximum security prison sharing a cell with Murderers, Rapists, Arsonists and the like.

Hopefully, you all get my point.

What has the so called 'War on Drugs' achieved, other than creating 'massive violent criminal cartels' with little or no effect to the supply and ready availability of all kinds of Drugs? Has Prohibition worked after almost 60 years?

Have we not instead damaged, criminalized, and destroyed millions of young/older lives in the process of Law enforcement, which far exceeds any destruction that the use of these (certainly softer) drugs would have of caused?

Now we have a relatively new 'WAR,' the 'War' on the 'Motorist' creating another massively expensive beaurocacy of Lawyers, Police enforcement agencies, and courts, with little or no effect on Drink driving, or any other traffic offense.

As a human race we have allowed so many 'IDIOTS' to be put in charge of our affairs, that it is just a matter of time before we destroy ourselves and the Natural World.

VOTE FOR ME, AND I WOULD PUT AN END TO ALL THIS MADDNESS!

There will allways be people who break the law, that does not mean prohibition does not work. How many more people would drink and drive if it was not against the law? And if motorists were allowed to drink and drive then I think it is fair that speed limits are abolished also, and MOT's. Everyone should be able to drive what they like, however fast they like and regardless of how much alcohol they have had to drink? Because that is in effect what you are saying, the law prohibits this from happening for a reason. I dread to think the carnage that would take place on our roads if no laws were in place.

You poor thing merlin, you have a very dim view of the 'Human Race,' so do I, but not to the extent you envisage would happen if these Laws were removed! Carnage, there is carnage now, and the Police and enforcement of these laws have little or no effect other than to criminalize half the population (if not more) of Great Britain.

I am not suggesting having no Laws; I am saying I find the wholesale criminalization of a population for such offences, including the Drug Laws an absolute 'abomination'.

The South African Pro Nazis regime had an answer for everything they did not approve of... "BAN”, it is a word that is increasingly used and put into practice by those who have no answers and no future!

You say Prohibition works, tell that to the Americans! Do they teach History in school anymore, even recent? What about the 'Alcohol Prohibition' in the first part of the 20th Century...did that work?

Last edited:
Thanks! Nice to be involved, since I do believe (rightly, wrongly) the 'DD' Laws in Britain today are way to severe, and obviously targeted at the Male population, whom the the 'Feminists' (feminnazis) know will be the majority of offenders. All you have to do is look at the new immigration Laws being implemented by an 'Arch Feminist' (Jakie Smith) aimed to be advantagous to women and disadvantageous to men...check it out! :mad:

Last edited:
Provisional Department for Transport figures for last year indicate that 20 per cent of drivers aged 19 and under who died in crashes were over the drink-drive limit, compared with 11% in 1991.

They have almost doubled, so what effect have these harsher, draconian 'Drink Driving Laws' had? :confused:

THE DD LAWS ARE FAR TO SEVERE AND ACHIEVE VERY LITTLE, OTHER THAN CRIMINALIZING A LARGE PORTION OF THE UK POPULATION.

MPs backing drink-drive car locks::)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3986711.stm

These are good 'thinking' ideas

Personally I believe that the laws aren't severe enough. I was banned for a paltry 12 months (reduced to 9 with the dd course) and ended up losing my job (I had a driving job!) after being caught at 4am. To be honest the course was little more than a rant about drink units and banter about each others circumstances, with a few people bragging about how they'd done this and that...
Since then I have been caught after giving a positive roadside test, however after the nurse at the copshop took two hours to turn up for the blood test, I escaped conviction....even though I was well over the limit both at the roadside and on the intoxylizer.
I'm not proud of it, and I genuinely think that the law needs to be tightened since I had this experience, maybe with a zero limit. But I agree that the laws aren't working. Funnily enough, after the episode above, I had to walk fifteen miles to get back to my car, and ended up coming across a road accident that had occured because of a drunk driver. It was seeing the results of what had happened that put me off drink driving, and I haven't done it since.

Last edited:
Since then I have been caught after giving a positive roadside test, however after the nurse at the copshop took two hours to turn up for the blood test, I escaped conviction....even though I was well over the limit both at the roadside and on the intoxylizer.
I'm not proud of it, and I genuinely think that the law needs to be tightened since I had this experience, maybe with a zero limit. But I agree that the laws aren't working. Funnily enough, after the episode above, I had to walk fifteen miles to get back to my car, and ended up coming across a road accident that had occured because of a drunk driver. It was seeing the results of what had happened that put me off drink driving, and I haven't done it since.

You were lucky that it took so long for the nurse to turn up! I beleive they can back calculate your blood alcohol content to a certain point in time, but I think this is just used in serious cases where there has been a bad accident or serious injury.

I dont think the penalties are harsh enough either. I think they should take a leaf out of americas book and start using ignition interlocks. It wont help with preventing first time offences but it would certainly help with repeat offenders. I think the limit should be lowered too, maybe not to zero for practical reasons, but certainly low enough that one drink would put you over the limit. This would eliminate people being prosecuted for having one or two drinks and thinking they are ok to drive when they are not. Then it would be simple, any alcoholic drink will put you over the limit, so if you intend to drink, do not drive, period!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off