Drink driving offence, how will affect my UK license.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Nbz20383

Hello,

I wonder if you could offer a little advice. I am a uk resident with uk license.

I visited germany in early January 2020 for the weekend. Stupidly and naively on the way back to the hotel after an evening of drinking I picked up an E-SCOOTER to get back not thinking about any potential consequences given that we do not have these ‘lime’ scooters in the UK. I was on the pavement and did not cause any accidents.

On the way back I was stopped by the police and blew over the limit (0.7, but cannot be 100% sure due to the language difficulties with the police) I was taken to the police station where I was given a blood test and asked to pay a fine. I paid 1043 euros at the police station.

We are now in April and I have not heard anything further, I’m fully expecting something else to come through but what would normally be the procedure here and how long would it take ?

My main question is...should this end up with further charges and perhaps in a German court what are the consequences and would a potential driving ban in Germany transfer onto my UK license. I need my driving license for my employment in the UK. I currently have no convictions and have no points on my license.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off