Drink driving no charge

Convicted Driver Insurance

Timmyp

Hi my friend crashed into a park car in November and gave a blood sample. He was told he would get a postal charge in January (after Christmas) but have still received nothing or heard anything 9 months later. Do they have a time frame to contact them by or has Covid affected this? Is there a chance they won’t have processed it because it was 5 months before lockdown too. Do the police normally give notification of the bloody result?

The police should give you the result but sometimes if it comes back under they forget to tell you. They have 6 months from the date of the offence to ask the court for a summons, which can then be served later than the 6 months timeframe.
After 9 months though I am sure they would have served a summons before now if they were taking any action.
The only caution I would give is, did your friend give the correct address or has he moved since the arrest? If so, it may have been served at the wrong address.
If the address is the same as before, then you can be almost certain that no further action is being taken.
If he wants to be completely sure the only way is to contact the officer in the case to ask what the result was. The legal limit in blood is 80.

Thank you for your reply. My friend is concerned that covid could have caused a delay. Do the courts have a time limit that they must issue the summons? There’s been no change of address

There is NO allowance for COVID-19.
the application for a summons is done electronically and is done immediately. The only delay would then be the time taken for the police to serve the papers On the person for a court hearing.
Note the actual court hearing does not have to be within the 6 month periosd, just the application for a summons.
if 9 months have gone by, with no change of address, then he is safe!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off