drink driving medical renewal of licence.

Convicted Driver Insurance

alexander63

Just thought I would update my situation. I was banned for 28 months for drink driving three years ago. When my ban ran out I applied for the return of my licence, and started driving again under section 88 of the road traffic act and waited for the dreaded medical appointment. I had the medical three weeks ago and up till then I had been drinking in moderation e.g. four or five pints of beer a week regularly, I also started taking milk thistle tablets about a month before the medical. Previous to this I had been a heavy drinker for years, from a bottle of spirits in a night, to drinking a bottle of red wine every day for a lot of years, I have just received my licence in the post yesterday no problem at all so just bear in mind it is not all doom and gloom and no reason to worry about failing the medical it isnt that bad. Good luck to all that are waiting for your results. Remember Do not drink and drive......:D

Problems on the medical will come about *if* you've ever been to your GP about your drinking. That is what I found with mine and although I got my license back it is only for 1yr and then I have to do another medical - and yet in the space of 12mths before the medical I had only drank at New year, not as much as a shandy the rest of the time, however I told my GP I'd binged, out of honesty because we'd been monitoring my drinking having come away from a problem with the stuff at one time.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off