drink driving ,insurance form of consent and indemnity

Convicted Driver Insurance

Donwon

hi so i was arrested for drink driving and failing to stop i hit a few cars and went in to a wall im not proud andtottally ashamed of what ive done .
ive had a few mental isssues as my son passed away in november and i hit the bottle im in controle now and im geting help with it all but yesterday i received a leter from my insurer saying that they will pay third partys but i have to pay them back ,its in the 10s of thousands there is no exact figure as yet. its a form of consent and indemnity ,im very worried and the dark thougts are creeping back ,do i sign it ?i mean i have no access to that kind of money can they take my house if some one could shed some light on this i would greatly appreciate it .

hi so i was arrested for drink driving and failing to stop i hit a few cars and went in to a wall im not proud andtottally ashamed of what ive done .
ive had a few mental isssues as my son passed away in november and i hit the bottle im in controle now and im geting help with it all but yesterday i received a leter from my insurer saying that they will pay third partys but i have to pay them back ,its in the 10s of thousands there is no exact figure as yet. its a form of consent and indemnity ,im very worried and the dark thougts are creeping back ,do i sign it ?i mean i have no access to that kind of money can they take my house if some one could shed some light on this i would greatly appreciate it .
did you ever find out what to do mate- same boat

Hi,

Do not sign anything without 1st getting legal advice from a solicitor.

I doubt you will loose your house. If you fail to pay them it will be handed to a debt collection agency who will have bought the debt from them at a reduced price then you can make a payment plan with them if then, you do not do that you may get a CCJ on your credit file.
If this happens you can fill out a expediture form and send it to the court and depending on your income it can be as low as £1 a month.

Hope that helps, keep your head up!

Kind regards,

Stu

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off