Drink Driving in Scotland. Long wait!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lee05

Caught drink driving in Scotland after crashing (noone else involved), breathalysed at the scene, blew over not sure what level. Taken to hospital, urine sample taken then charged with not stating who was in charge of the vehicle. Not heard anything since the event, it has been 11 months now and I am getting more worried that it is getting close to the 12 month mark. Doubt I will be so lucky to get away with it. I have learned my lesson regardless of the outcome, it has been the worst 11 months of my life. I have 3 points and no other convictions. Wondered what the likely outcomes/sentence would be and if anyone had experienced receiving the dreaded letter within the last few weeks or had a time barred case?

Caught drink driving in Scotland after crashing (noone else involved), breathalysed at the scene, blew over not sure what level. Taken to hospital, urine sample taken then charged with not stating who was in charge of the vehicle. Not heard anything since the event, it has been 11 months now and I am getting more worried that it is getting close to the 12 month mark. Doubt I will be so lucky to get away with it. I have learned my lesson regardless of the outcome, it has been the worst 11 months of my life. I have 3 points and no other convictions. Wondered what the likely outcomes/sentence would be and if anyone had experienced receiving the dreaded letter within the last few weeks or had a time barred case?
That’s a new one on me, I’ve never heard of being charged for not naming the vehicles driver, I thought the onus was on police to prove who was driving? But then you were stopped in Scotland. I was also. My car was involved in an accident but they couldn’t prove I was driving it, and nobody identified me as the driver (I struck a parked car, nobody in it) if your at 11 months all you can do is keep your head down and hope for the best pal. Never ask anyone any questions about what’s happening etc.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.

That’s a new one on me, I’ve never heard of being charged for not naming the vehicles driver, I thought the onus was on police to prove who was driving? But then you were stopped in Scotland. I was also. My car was involved in an accident but they couldn’t prove I was driving it, and nobody identified me as the driver (I struck a parked car, nobody in it) if your at 11 months all you can do is keep your head down and hope for the best pal. Never ask anyone any questions about what’s happening etc.
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Yeah I found this online "The registered keeper of a vehicle has a legal obligation to provide details of who was driving at the time of an alleged motoring offence. Failing to provide drivers identity carries 6 penalty points on your licence and up to £1000 fine." I'll post an update if I hear anything.

Still not heard anything, it has been over a year now.
My son was stopped and swabbed for cannibals we in Scotland his went to 12 months and his lawyer got it time barred he got away with it if that helps good luck 😉
How long after the 12 months did he recieve a citation? Assuming he did receive something eventually, did he need to go to court or was it settled by the lawyer before court?

Still not heard anything, it has been over a year now.

How long after the 12 months did he recieve a citation? Assuming he did receive something eventually, did he need to go to court or was it settled by the lawyer before court?
He was 1 day over the 12 months this is why it was time barred your not going to hear from them now it’s to long

His lawyer settled it he never was near court the judge binned it
Excellent. I was speaking to a lawyer the other day, they told me that it is possible that I could still be pursued for Dangerous driving however it is highly unlikely due to them not contacting me for over a year. There is apparently a large number people receiving their citation late particularly if they have had a urine sample taken. Which of course are just getting binned. I was also told that even though I can't now be charge with being under the influence, if a positive result does come back that can be used as evidence in a case for Dangerous driving.

He was 1 day over the 12 months this is why it was time barred your not going to hear from them now it’s to long
Thanks for getting back to me with a reply. Yeah, it appears that way. Still can't get my head round why they haven't.

The car insurance company has been in contact
Asking for confirmation of the results of urine sample. They stated that if it has been advised I was not above the legal limit I need to provide confirmation of this from the Police. Not sure if its worth contacting the police to get the results, if they were inconclusive I continued with the claim. Only worry would be that it prompts the police to do something like pursue a dangerous driving conviction.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off