Drink driving having EU license, after disqualification period.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Leugin

I got caught the 30 of January of this year, I went to court and the sentence was 1 year and £400, I did the drink driving course to reduce the sentence 25% and I have paid the fine. Now when I call the DVLA, they tell me that I need to change my EU Driving license for a UK driving license, but if I wait till the 30 of January, I can drive with my EU driving license, and the period of disqualification finished at the start of this month. Why I can't drive with my driving license, and I need a new one.
Can I drive with my EU license? I always had it at home and still up to date for 10 years almost.

The police didn't take my driving license or the court, and I didn't get any letter asking to send it somewhere.

Can I still drive in the rest of the EU?

Thank you very much for the answer, at least I know I can drive in the EU.

We will see what happens with the other problem, cause right now I don't wanna change my driving license.

If you ban is finished, because you have done your 9 months with the course, you can drive on your EU licence. There is no requirement for you to have a GB licence so long as you have a valid EU licence.
You have always been entitled to drive in Europe, even while you were banned. The ban only applied in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and the Isle of Man.
if you surrendered your EU licence at court but then wanted to drive abroad, you can ask DVLA to return it for your trip.

Thank you very much for the answer, I really appreciate it. So in conclusion, I can start driving now in both UK and EU using my EU driving license (correct if not right).

Yes, from what you posted (if correct) your ban was up at the end of October.

Thank you very much for your answer, really appreciate it.
Could I get some kind of paper saying that I'm aloud to drive? This will be for the insurance of my company, they wanna make sure I can drive.

The thing that says you are allowed to drive is your driving licence. It has valid dates on it.
the only record of your ban is at DVLA, where they will have created a ‘dummy’ U.K. driving licence with a record of your ban. Then, if you do apply for a U.K. licence, the details can be inserted on your new licence.

Thank you again for clarify this for me, I needed to know if I need something, because my company was asking me about it, to insure me with the vans.

I just read your first post again. You say you were caught on 30th January but didn’t say when you were in court.
Your 9 months ban will ruin from the date you were disqualified in court so providing you were banned on the 20th February or earlier then you ban is now finished. If it was late February or even March then you may still have some days/ weeks to go.
All you have to do is show the company your driving licence., your sentence from the court and your certificate of completion from the course provider. That will show that your ban ended 9 months from the date you were in court.

Yes I wrote 30 of January "caught" but that was the date of the court, so yes, you was right the sentence finished the 30 of October.

Thank you very much indeed, tomorrow I will give everything to the company, and see what they tell me.
Thank you very much for your help.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off