Drink driving and insurance

Convicted Driver Insurance

Agneshkax

I got banned for 13 months last August so I am due to drive again in September. I will be car sharing with my partner now as we only have one car now. His insurance is due for renewal this month and I am trying to find information on me being a named driver on the policy. I can't find any info stating whether or not I can add on at the renewal but just not drive until my ban is up as it is allowing me to add myself on and also add in my conviction etc which makes me think I can add on? Has anyone else been in this position and can advise? I am trying to make sure we go with an insurance that will definitely cover my dd10 so would like to do it at renewal to make sure they will cover me as I know alot of insurers don't cover dd.

I think you will Find that no insurance company will allow a currently disqualified driver on to a policy as a named driver.
it will be obviious to them that the person is still disqualified because they ask for The driving licence number, offences with dates and the length of the ban.
One suggestion is to try on a comparison website, “fudging” the dates for now to show that the ban has just finished. This will
Show the likely cost for having the named driver with a DR10, but the policy can then be applied for in a single name (so cheaper Because the DR10 is not in play) then at the end of the ban, ask to Add the person with the DR10.
That way, the DR10 is only in play for 9 months in this years policy, plus the cost of amending the policy.

I think you will Find that no insurance company will allow a currently disqualified driver on to a policy as a named driver.
it will be obviious to them that the person is still disqualified because they ask for The driving licence number, offences with dates and the length of the ban.
One suggestion is to try on a comparison website, “fudging” the dates for now to show that the ban has just finished. This will
Show the likely cost for having the named driver with a DR10, but the policy can then be applied for in a single name (so cheaper Because the DR10 is not in play) then at the end of the ban, ask to Add the person with the DR10.
That way, the DR10 is only in play for 9 months in this years policy, plus the cost of amending the policy.
My ban is up at the beginning of august. Am I able to start getting quotes yet or do I have to wait until I get my license back do you know?

Will you have to inform the insurance company as soon as the incident happened or after you have been convicted? Thanks

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off