Drink driving and dangerous driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

Post261

Hi have recently been charged with drink driving and dangerous driving I blew 50 at the police station. I have never had any driving offences before I am a licence at a restaurant work full time and have 2 children. I am also under the mental health team for depression and a personality disorder. I drove my car to my ex partners house and drove into there new partners car, I also threw a brick through the windscreen which is an added charge of criminal damage. I cannot remember this as I was having a mental breakdown over the few weeks prior to doing this. I really need some advice on what could be tje sentencing for this. My disorder is telling me I'm going to prison and causing deeper depression and suicidal thoughts. Please can anyone help me

Personally, I don’t think you will go to prison
They might put you on a tag with an injunction Not to go near your ex! As you have committed a crime unfortunately. but they will work around work with the tag and you might get offered the course so do take it! As it’s your first offence to have your driving ban reduced and get any medical/professions evidence/character references may go in your favour on the day also get a solicitor. 🙂🤞
Hi have recently been charged with drink driving and dangerous driving I blew 50 at the police station. I have never had any driving offences before I am a licence at a restaurant work full time and have 2 children. I am also under the mental health team for depression and a personality disorder. I drove my car to my ex partners house and drove into there new partners car, I also threw a brick through the windscreen which is an added charge of criminal damage. I cannot remember this as I was having a mental breakdown over the few weeks prior to doing this. I really need some advice on what could be tje sentencing for this. My disorder is telling me I'm going to prison and causing deeper depression and suicidal thoughts. Please can anyone help

Personally, I don’t think you will go to prison
They might put you on a tag with an injunction Not to go near your ex! As you have committed a crime unfortunately. but they will work around work with the tag and you might get offered the course so do take it! As it’s your first offence to have your driving ban reduced and get any medical/professions evidence/character references may go in your favour on the day also get a solicitor. 🙂🤞
Unfortunately, if Post261 is convicted of dangerous driving and drink driving, there is no reduction in the ban to be had for doing the course, and he will have to sit an extended test at the end of the ban before he can get his full licence back.

Hi have recently been charged with drink driving and dangerous driving I blew 50 at the police station. I have never had any driving offences before I am a licence at a restaurant work full time and have 2 children. I am also under the mental health team for depression and a personality disorder. I drove my car to my ex partners house and drove into there new partners car, I also threw a brick through the windscreen which is an added charge of criminal damage. I cannot remember this as I was having a mental breakdown over the few weeks prior to doing this. I really need some advice on what could be tje sentencing for this. My disorder is telling me I'm going to prison and causing deeper depression and suicidal thoughts. Please can anyone help me

You will NOT be going to prison for this.
The guidelines to the magistrates for drink driving for a reading of 50 is a 12-16 month ban, and with you hitting the other car it could be towards the top end of that.
Have you got a solicitor acting for you? If not, I think you should get one. He / she may be able to make some representations on the charges and get the dangerous driving dropped in favour of the CPS going with just drink driving but with aggravating circumstances.
If this happened then you can be offered the Drink Drive Rehabilitation course which will reduce your ban by up to 25% (No reduction if convicted of dangerous driving) and you will be MUCH better off affording insurance with no D.D. Conviction.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off