drink driving 1st offence.

Convicted Driver Insurance

m.warner

hello

i have been charged with drink driving blowing 0.59 on the roadside breathalyser and the same count for both readings back at the station.

i had, from my drive, gone through my front wall. when i realised what i had done i moved the car up the road to get it off the road as the clutch had gone so no reverse available. due to the screen being smashed and lack of vision, when i knew i was passed the small row of terraced houses and cars next to my house i brought the car to the verge but went up a bank.

i never intended to drive the car in the first place and although this may sound far fetched i was in the car to make a telephone call as my mobile microphone has not worked for months so no one can here me speak and i can only make a call when through the cars phone system.

charged with court appearance in march.

no one else was involved and i did not damage anyone else's property save my own being a new front wall and my car a write off.

i am not sure how to proceed.

no previous driving problems in the years i rode a motorbike and have not had any other charges not even a parking ticket.

from what i can gather i am looking at a 12 month ban and a fine of some sort.

can anyone give me some advice?

thank you
mark

Hi mark yes at the best your looking at a 12 month ban ask for a drink driving course to reduce your ban but did the police note you hit a wall and you have damaged your car

Hi mark yes at the best your looking at a 12 month ban ask for a drink driving course to reduce your ban but did the police note you hit a wall and you have damaged your car
yes i pretty sure they did. no statement taken though so i think only the drink driving is being taken to court. just checked the charge and it only relates to driving whilst over the limit. the police did come to my house and speak to my wife so there is no way that they could not have seen the wall however would that be brought up if the charge is for drink driving only? should it have been included in the charge?

Last edited:
Normally the police do not add a ‘due care and attention’ offence for drink driving where there is only a minor collision Involved.
They just mention it in the circumstances read out to the court for the magistrates to take into account. The reading of 59 will attract a ban of 12-16 months. If they say about the collision with the wall and you driving on with a smashed windscreen then it could be at the upper range of that, reduced by up to 25% if you are offered and accept a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. Ask the magistrates for the course if they do not offer it when they tell you how long your ban is as it cannot be offered once your case is completed.

Normally the police do not add a ‘due care and attention’ offence for drink driving where there is only a minor collision Involved.
They just mention it in the circumstances read out to the court for the magistrates to take into account. The reading of 59 will attract a ban of 12-16 months. If they say about the collision with the wall and you driving on with a smashed windscreen then it could be at the upper range of that, reduced by up to 25% if you are offered and accept a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. Ask the magistrates for the course if they do not offer it when they tell you how long your ban is as it cannot be offered once your case is completed.
ok thank you

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off