Drink drive charge

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kak

Do you get a copy of you breatherlazer results, should the results show on your charge sheet?

You should be offered a copy of the breath printout.
The charge sheet will say what the lower reading was.

Here is a sample charge:
On (date) at (place) drove a motor vehicle, ( namely ......) on a road, (namely A.....) after consuming so much alcohol that the proportion of it in your breath, namely (quote lower reading supplied) microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath, exceeded the prescribed limit.

Last edited:
I wasnt offered a copy of the breath test and it doesn't show any results on my charge sheet as machine wouldn't work - is this correct procedure am really worried about going to court and even more worried if I dont have the correct information

What are you actually charged with.
Is it failing to supply a sample for analysis, .....or driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs.... or something else?
Give us the wording of the charge, or the “contrary to section.........” etc wording on the charge sheet.

I also never got a copy of any of my print outs; The two evidential and bail breathalyser tests - should I have?

Also Price, would failure to provide specimen at roadside show as a separate charge?

Last edited:
I got stopped by the police, I failed the road side breath test and failed again at the station - at a later point I was asked to use a different machine but no reading was recorded 3 attempts were made to comply with the police. I have no official evidence of my breath test

I got stopped by the police, I failed the road side breath test and failed again at the station - at a later point I was asked to use a different machine but no reading was recorded 3 attempts were made to comply with the police. I have no official evidence of my breath test

He's asking what does your charge sheet say, the document you were given after they stated the court you should be present at

It says something to this effect.....I was stopped on suspicion of drink driving, road side breath test was failed, I was taken to the police station for commiting a road track offence and I need to attend the magistrate court- sorry I dont have the document with me

Can you come back when you have the wording with you. What you have said sounds more like a statement of facts that an actual charge.
It is a separate offence to fail to provide a sample at the roadside but the police usually only charge the main drink drive offence, or a fail to supply at the police station, and leave the roadside relatively minor offence as you would be facing a disqualification anyway.
Each offence you are charged with will have wording like I quoted before with the date and location and the reading, or the fail to supply, followed by the Act and Section that applies to that offence.
Also where is this alleged offence, England/ Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off