DR30

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi does the six months start from the medical or when you had a clear LFT. This is how confused I am is it 6 months from revoke or six months from last LFT help
The 6 months will be required if they write to your gp and they confirm there is a history of misuse.What is your situation vicky

If your gp has receded misuse it will be 6 months of controlled drinking most people tend not to drink with a revoke of your licence and if dependant its will be 12 months, however both these terms will carry through your gp medical evidence supplied to Dvla and a further Dvla medical....

Hi,

And if your GP has no reference to alcohol at all and confirms no red flags, licence renewal should be a formality as long as the medical itself is passed?

The 6 months will be required if they write to your gp and they confirm there is a history of misuse.What is your situation vicky
Well I had high lfts in June and august they were back to normal I applied for licence last week as surgery said I could but obviously if they send medical they will disclose this. So if it’s revoked I wondered was it from when they revoke it or from my last LFT which was normal as im confused as if I don’t get my medical until November then that means I will have to wait 6 months from when they revoke or is it from when doctor said my functions were normal I stopped drinking all together had a bite of a binge during June and went right up
Hi,

And if your GP has no reference to alcohol at all and confirms no red flags, licence renewal should be a formality as long as the medical itself is passed?
he does we had a conversation about it at the start of July, but it was quite blasé he just asked if I drank a lot and I said a couple of glasses of wine a night and he just advised so I think I’m not going to pass and can’t get to speak to him now due to the receptionist

Hi,

Gutted really feel like I did all the hard work had a blip and only applied coz the nurse said it would be fine!

Hi Vicky if you were showing high LFTs as you mentioned in June then on investigation by DVLA through your GP there is now a real possibility of being classed dependant, I was showing slightly raised LFTs and was classed dependant and revoked for 12 months, your GPs input is everything however DVLA have the last decision and you may well find yourself in this bracket now, its important now to have a last alcoholic drink date documented with your GP for part of your medical evidence going forward, any alcohol issues documented with your GP ( especially raised LFTs) are treated very seriously at the DVLA and the strict medical process will need to be adhered to in order for you to obtain a one year temp licence .....

Hi Vicky if you were showing high LFTs as you mentioned in June then on investigation by DVLA through your GP there is now a real possibility of being classed dependant, I was showing slightly raised LFTs and was classed dependant and revoked for 12 months, your GPs input is everything however DVLA have the last decision and you may well find yourself in this bracket now, its important now to have a last alcoholic drink date documented with your GP for part of your medical evidence going forward, any alcohol issues documented with your GP ( especially raised LFTs) are treated very seriously at the DVLA and the strict medical process will need to be adhered to in order for you to obtain a one year temp licence .....
Ok thank you it’s a shame as didn’t drink for four years before that and my liver went back to normal after a month of stopping that’s a bit harsh I’m not dependant at all is there much point in me paying for medical then

Well yes, if you want your licence back, IF you decide to go through the process which can be long very long in some cases I'm not gonna lie ( my case was 14 months in total) then you will pay for the first medical however once you get your licence back any future medicals ( which there will be ) then DVLA pay, even if they class you as misuse you can be kept on a one year licence for a period of six years, however giving up drinking is not the worse thing in the world, I did and and have for the last two years and come out the other side, your LFTs are now back to normal all this will count as your medical evidence and your in contact with your GP where all this evidence will be recorded into your notes counting towards your medical evidence that DVLA will require ....

Well yes, if you want your licence back, IF you decide to go through the process which can be long very long in some cases I'm not gonna lie ( my case was 14 months in total) then you will pay for the first medical however once you get your licence back any future medicals ( which there will be ) then DVLA pay, even if they class you as misuse you can be kept on a one year licence for a period of six years, however giving up drinking is not the worse thing in the world, I did and and have for the last two years and come out the other side, your LFTs are now back to normal all this will count as your medical evidence and your in contact with your GP where all this evidence will be recorded into your notes counting towards your medical evidence that DVLA will require ....
So do you think when they send me the medical letter I should make appointment or just not do it until it’s a year after June when I stopped drinking because won’t i have to pay again in a year I haven’t drunk anything since June do they start the year from when they revoke or when my lfts were normal - I actually went for test for something else but that flagged up I’m confused as to when the 12 months would start you’ve been helpful thank you just need to understand and know what the best thing to do is

First of all you need to be confirmed by DVLA wether your dependant or misuse, in order for that to happen you need to attend a DVLA medical and there needs to be an investigation with all your medical history supplied to DVLA from your GP, once they have all the information they will then make a decision wether your misuse or dependant, that will be confirmed by letter in the post and explaining that because of your alcohol history we will revoke your licence for a period of 6/12 months, so the revocation will be confirmed AFTER their investigation, so to start the ball rolling you need to keep going as you are, as if your getting you licence back as you originally thought, is that more clearer for you , we at the forum will guide you through, your NOT the first and your CERTAINLY won't be the last....

First of all you need to be confirmed by DVLA wether your dependant or misuse, in order for that to happen you need to attend a DVLA medical and there needs to be an investigation with all your medical history supplied to DVLA from your GP, once they have all the information they will then make a decision wether your misuse or dependant, that will be confirmed by letter in the post and explaining that because of your alcohol history we will revoke your licence for a period of 6/12 months, so the revocation will be confirmed AFTER their investigation, so to start the ball rolling you need to keep going as you are, as if your getting you licence back as you originally thought, is that more clearer for you , we at the forum will guide you through, your NOT the first and your CERTAINLY won't be the last....
Thank you so much you have been really kind and helpful my ban run out three years ago so guess another year won’t hurt - you explained this properly. ive asked the doctor to call me but there only doing emergencies currently - maybe once I’ve done the medical then il speak doctor again or try! If my lfts are normal as of august and my cdt levels are ok as I haven’t drunk for 15 weeks surely I would be misuse well hoping anyway

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off