DR30

Convicted Driver Insurance

Caroline82

If I have a DR30 and hot a 26 month ban does that mean I definitely have to do a medical, because I have sent off for my licence back and knew nothing about a medical until somebody mentioned it to me.

still awaiting my licence

The reason why people attend medicals is if you blew over 87.5 on your breath test or you have been banned twice in ten years ....

Then you will attend a Dvla medical, read some of the posts on here relating to the medical or you search it the Dvla website...you can also search it on this site ....

Then you will attend a Dvla medical, read some of the posts on here relating to the medical or you search it the Dvla website...you can also search it on this site ....
I’m worried because a year ago I mentioned to my doctor that I thought I sometimes drank too much when I drank and I think this is going to go against me. Massively

It really depends what your gp has recorded into your notes, you should make an appointment over the phone to go through your past history to see if there is any incriminating history against you, however if there is it’s not the end of the world you just go through the process.....

It really depends what your gp has recorded into your notes, you should make an appointment over the phone to go through your past history to see if there is any incriminating history against you, however if there is it’s not the end of the world you just go through the process.....
Thank you I have made an appointment, if there is anything incriminating what does that mean for me x

If your gp has receded misuse it will be 6 months of controlled drinking most people tend not to drink with a revoke of your licence and if dependant its will be 12 months, however both these terms will carry through your gp medical evidence supplied to Dvla and a further Dvla medical....

If your gp has receded misuse it will be 6 months of controlled drinking most people tend not to drink with a revoke of your licence and if dependant its will be 12 months, however both these terms will carry through your gp medical evidence supplied to Dvla and a further Dvla medical....
Thank you I just went and said I felt I over drank when I had a drink it was last December

Ok medical evidence is recorded in the form of liver function tests but first of all you need to see what your doctors response is, it could be nothing...

Have you told them how many units you were drinking if there’s no test this is a good sign obviously he’s not concerned to put you in one of those brackets

Have you told them how many units you were drinking if there’s no test this is a good sign obviously he’s not concerned to put you in one of those brackets
I probably did but he didn’t do a test and I was drinking a lot but it was just on occasions

It will mean on application for your licence IF Dvla do write out to you’re gp he is duty bound to supply them with this information on a medical report, once they have concluded their investigation you will have a letter of refusal explaining that you need to demonstrate six months of controlled drinking no more than 14 units per week for 6 months for you to get a temp one year licence back you will have to supply liver function tests to prove your not abusing alcohol, most people in this case choose to be abstinent

It will mean on application for your licence IF Dvla do write out to you’re gp he is duty bound to supply them with this information on a medical report, once they have concluded their investigation you will have a letter of refusal explaining that you need to demonstrate six months of controlled drinking no more than 14 units per week for 6 months for you to get a temp one year licence back you will have to supply liver function tests to prove your not abusing alcohol, most people in this case choose to be abstinent
Hi does the six months start from the medical or when you had a clear LFT. This is how confused I am is it 6 months from revoke or six months from last LFT help

HI again, IF DVLA decide to write out to your GP and on investigation find that you have had alcohol issues (if misuse) they will only consider an application from you once you have completed six months of controlled drinking, so six months from revoke, sorry its so confusing but DVLA dont give you all this information this is why we have so much trafiic on the forum, if you put in alcohol and drug misuse on DVLA website there are tables that explain and breakdown for each condition

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off