Dr10 ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

jan01

Hi I'm a little worried I changed my address and received a new licence. I thought you had to have a medical before you got your licence back after a dr10 ban. Is this normal or have they made a mistake?

Hi I'm a little worried I changed my address and received a new licence. I thought you had to have a medical before you got your licence back after a dr10 ban. Is this normal or have they made a mistake?
It all depends on what your reading was as to whether you would be classed as a HRO. Below should explain that! 😄
    • While being over two and a half times the legal drink driving limit with a blood alcohol concentration that equalled or exceeded:
      • 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or
      • 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or
      • 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine; OR
  1. Have been disqualified by order of a court for failing, without reasonable excuse, to provide a specimen for analysis when ordered to do so while either:

jan01

You should always inform the DVLA of any change of address. There is technically a fine for failing to notify the DVLA of this new info.

If you are currently serving a ban, I would simply contact them immediately and get them to update your details over the telephone.

If you do fall into the HRO category, they will write to you when the ban is due to end, so you need to make sure your personal info is up to date.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off