Don't tell them you've had depression - makes process LONGER

• Thread starter Deleted member 12231
  • Start date
Convicted Driver Insurance

Deleted member 12231

SO basically ive waited 3 weeks to be told because i ticked the box saying ive previously had depression they will now make further investigations
sending bloody letters VIA POST not email to me and my GP all because i was HONEST, its 2020 and they're still sending stuff via letter instead of email which can not only be tracked better but is much faster , it infuriates me not to mention that the wales lockdown is a joke which will cause further delays.

I had an agreement with my employer when i got banned that i'd have my license back by the due date which was 23/10/2020 i requested this all done back in MARCH.

I submitted my bloods and paper work after a year of not drinking so my results were fine although they wont tell me but they have to be and i came to the last question regarding mental health, i suffered from anxiety and depression in the past so i answered truthly not believing this would cause a delay as i mean why would anxiety stop me from driving anyway i was banned for drink driving not for having anxiety.

I advised them i was going to lose my job by the end of the week and i've not drank for a year and im so healthy i go to the gym i do everything right after a mistake but NOPE because i merely was HONEST about having anxiety on the questionnaire it's probably going to be god knows when that i get my license back now and guess what ive lost my job! thanks DVLA for contributing towards the recession.

Just lie on your paper work they're a bunch of jobs worths i called everyday for three weeks advising them i'll be another one on the unemployed list without my license and they're too dumb to work out that someone who has anxiety who hasnt drank in a year with perfect lab results is ok to drive!!!!!!

SO basically ive waited 3 weeks to be told because i ticked the box saying ive previously had depression they will now make further investigations
sending bloody letters VIA POST not email to me and my GP all because i was HONEST, its 2020 and they're still sending stuff via letter instead of email which can not only be tracked better but is much faster , it infuriates me not to mention that the wales lockdown is a joke which will cause further delays.

I had an agreement with my employer when i got banned that i'd have my license back by the due date which was 23/10/2020 i requested this all done back in MARCH.

I submitted my bloods and paper work after a year of not drinking so my results were fine although they wont tell me but they have to be and i came to the last question regarding mental health, i suffered from anxiety and depression in the past so i answered truthly not believing this would cause a delay as i mean why would anxiety stop me from driving anyway i was banned for drink driving not for having anxiety.

I advised them i was going to lose my job by the end of the week and i've not drank for a year and im so healthy i go to the gym i do everything right after a mistake but NOPE because i merely was HONEST about having anxiety on the questionnaire it's probably going to be god knows when that i get my license back now and guess what ive lost my job! thanks DVLA for contributing towards the recession.

Just lie on your paper work they're a bunch of jobs worths i called everyday for three weeks advising them i'll be another one on the unemployed list without my license and they're too dumb to work out that someone who has anxiety who hasnt drank in a year with perfect lab results is ok to drive!!!!!!
I have done the same told them I was on tablets for anxiety as thought that was the best policy wish I hadn’t now

From what I understand they link drinking to anxiety I wish I hadn’t mentioned anything i am left myself to waiting for another year x

From what I understand they link drinking to anxiety I wish I hadn’t mentioned anything i am left myself to waiting for another year x

So i havent been on diazepam for about 9 months and the Dr will confirm that, please tell me what happened to you!?!?!?

they cant surely decline my license for taking medication which is prescribed by a doctor!?!? and which i havent taken in such a long time?!?!

I will literally go to the local government as that's discrimination against those who have anxiety, i dont drink even i havent in a year my blood results are perfect?!!?

I will literally go to the local government as that's discrimination against those who have anxiety, i dont drink even i havent in a year my blood results are perfect?!!?
M the n same position only had medical Monday but so not drunk since June although I had high liver results so it all depends on doctor really they won’t refuse you license on grounds of anxiety hun don’t worry just takes longer - when was your medical x

M the n same position only had medical Monday but so not drunk since June although I had high liver results so it all depends on doctor really they won’t refuse you license on grounds of anxiety hun don’t worry just takes longer - when was your medical x

i had it over a month ago i've already lost my job because it took 3 weeks for the lab results to come in , sorry you said you're waiting another year?? so they wont refuse giving my license back due to me taking anti anxiety mediation and anti depression medication then? whats going on with yours?

its discrimination if they do put me on a one year license even i will go to the government

i had it over a month ago i've already lost my job because it took 3 weeks for the lab results to come in , sorry you said you're waiting another year?? so they wont refuse giving my license back due to me taking anti anxiety mediation and anti depression medication then? whats going on with yours?

its discrimination if they do put me on a one year license even i will go to the government
No hun they won’t it’s more about alcohol and I had high liver test in June so stopped drinking completely but told the DVLA doctor I was on medication for anxiety so they will write to my doctor I think and I have alcohol on record so il probably get revoked but you should be ok as I’m sure there are thousands on anti depressants that drive hun it’s more about the alcohol

How come you lost your job do you need to drive x

How come you lost your job do you need to drive x

Yes my boss has been driving me around, i told them i'd lose my job if it wasnt done by 23/10 and all i got was rude people at the DVLA who have no heart at all telling me to stop chasing it theres a pandemic , yes im aware but i need my job i have rent to pay.......... my GP will say im fit to drive i know that so its pointless ive lost my job because i was truthful

Yes my boss has been driving me around, i told them i'd lose my job if it wasnt done by 23/10 and all i got was rude people at the DVLA who have no heart at all telling me to stop chasing it theres a pandemic , yes im aware but i need my job i have rent to pay.......... my GP will say im fit to drive i know that so its pointless ive lost my job because i was truthful
My gp said I could apply for mine well the nurse did will your boss not wait a few more weeks as I think you will be ok I said I may not get mine back as I have alcohol on my record xx

My gp said I could apply for mine well the nurse did will your boss not wait a few more weeks as I think you will be ok I said I may not get mine back as I have alcohol on my record xx

They could've just put me on a temporary license until they completed their investigations but that would make too much sense.
its a joke it'll be another month due to being sent via post then DVLA are in a huge backlog.

I want my money back for the course i took that was meant to get my license back as it hasnt!

They could've just put me on a temporary license until they completed their investigations but that would make too much sense.
its a joke it'll be another month due to being sent via post then DVLA are in a huge backlog.

I want my money back for the course i took that was meant to get my license back as it hasnt!
Yea that’s fair do you think if you explained to your boss they may understand it’s not your fault I’m trying to be positive I thought if you passed the DVLA medical we would get them back - how did you find out they wrote to your doctor

Have they told you to have a year clear of alcohol before now? As in, are you meant to have abstained for the 12 months prior to now?

Legitimate question, can you actually claim that back? In fairness people have paid (a lot) of money for these courses for them to have to wait out the full back anyway! wonder if you can actually complain>

Legitimate question, can you actually claim that back? In fairness people have paid (a lot) of money for these courses for them to have to wait out the full back anyway! wonder if you can actually complain>
No you won't be able to claim. If you didn't do the course (which by the way is meant to help you understand where you went wrong and enable you to learn and move on - the ban reduction is a Brucie bonus), you would have been banned for 25% longer anyway. There would have still been a delay in getting your licence back as it isn't just people who have done the course who are being delayed!

No you won't be able to claim. If you didn't do the course (which by the way is meant to help you understand where you went wrong and enable you to learn and move on - the ban reduction is a Brucie bonus), you would have been banned for 25% longer anyway. There would have still been a delay in getting your licence back as it isn't just people who have done the course who are being delayed!

Yup completed the course myself, just a general question.

If you don't declare a health problem and the DVLA contact your GP, which they seem to be doing in more cases now than not. You are liable for a £1000 fine for misrepresenting yourself to gain a licence. You also will be never taken at face value again and will have a full and thorough investigation at each renewal. Telling users not to declare health problems isn't a great idea, a £1 fine could destroy someone new to this boards life.

Depression is on the list of notifiable conditions.

20201030_161753.jpg

20201030_162011.jpg

If you don't declare a health problem and the DVLA contact your GP, which they seem to be doing in more cases now than not. You are liable for a £1000 fine for misrepresenting yourself to gain a licence. You also will be never taken at face value again and will have a full and thorough investigation at each renewal. Telling users not to declare health problems isn't a great idea, a £1 fine could destroy someone new to this boards life.

View attachment 201

View attachment 202

Utter nonsense loads of people on here have lied and been caught and nothing happens, you must work for the Dvla or not read enough of the threads on here. Stop fear mongering and let everyone crack on.

View attachment 201

View attachment 202

you need to be careful what you post these kinds of things give people extreme anxiety, you can answer questions wrong by not understanding them fully or forgetting details people will read this and think they’ve for a fine coming,

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off